NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is, if there's a limit, the limit for tint on the driver windows in Delaware?

What is the % tint on the rear windows from the factory?

Who does the best installs of window tint in northern DE and at what cost?

What is a good tint level in your opinion?

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My cousins have 20% tints in Newark without any problems. They got a person that went to their house and did it. Don't know who though.

I'm considering
Delaware Glass Tinting
(302) 832-8468

Mainly because they use Formula One tints. (www.formulaone.com)

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DE Glass Tinting is near Fox Run Shopping Center in Bear, DE. They charge $60 for both door windows. Apparently 20% tint matches factory. I'm scheduled for next Monday at 2PM. Thanks for the quick info.

·
Registered
22,455 Posts
i think the law states back windows can be whatever, the front has to be 35%.. I think. not positive.. but Ive been driving around for 3 years in delaware at 5% all the way around and never got a ticket for it.. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
357 Posts
larryd said:
i think the law states back windows can be whatever, the front has to be 35%.. I think. not positive.. but Ive been driving around for 3 years in delaware at 5% all the way around and never got a ticket for it.. (knock on wood)
You KNOW you're getting pulled over for this now ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd say goto Cindy's.. I've had 10 cars done there, not one problem yet.

And - DE its only illegal on your front three windows, IE windshield (past the legal spot marking) and the driver and passanger doors... everything else is free for all.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trooth,

I stopped by Cindy's and was set up on the cancellation call list for Monday or Tuesday. DE Glass Tinting is getting bumped. I'm set for 15% all around--the max tint legal in DE with a signed medical form from the eye doctor. I checked 5% and it was a bit too dark.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cindy hooked me up on Friday. Its a much better look. Not rolling down the windows for 3 days will be something to get used to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Confusing Signals

I hate to revisit an old thread like this, but I was considering window tinting and did a search like a good boy.. I've seen some information where it's legal up to 35% on all windows (except windshield), some where you can't touch the front side windows, etc.

I know the DMV site says no touching the front windows, but I really want to do it anyway. I'm a little concerned about inspection though after my registration is up (I just got the car, haven't gone through any of that crap yet)

So what do I do?

--C

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, its been over three months. If you are from DE, my words will help. I ended up going with Cindy's on Germay (off route 4) in Wilmington, DE. I got 15% on 5 windows (minus front of course) for $170. For that level of tint in DE on the driver and passenger side windows, you'll need a medical waiver (that most likely can be picked up at your tint place) signed by your eye doctor stating that you have a medical reason (such as photosensitivity in both eyes) to have the legal limit (15%) on these two windows. Drop the signed form off at the DMV so they can retain a copy. You must then keep a copy with you while you are driving. If you are from another state (it helps to fill out your profile) in Tri-State, some else will assist you.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow seeing my question from over 3 months ago made me think of where my car was 3 months ago.

Pic from over a year ago but the same as it was 3 months ago...

To now...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had my profile filled out with location and all, but didn't want my location to just scream "$18,000 CELICA GTS SITTING IN XXXX!".. call me paranoid?

If my recollection of townhome complexes is correct, then I'm not far at all from Larryd in Newark.

I guess my main irk is registration and inspection.. I could get it done and say it was factory, I'm sure.. if I get it done in the next few weeks. I bought the car in Arkansas, which has tinting laws that aren't as restrictive, so that could give me some sort of leeway.. I dunno.

I just don't want to go putting a $150 tint job on the car, to have to be told to have it removed at inspection..

--C

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Once again, my tint is 15% on five windows and its perfectly legal in DE with my medical waiver. Get your eyes checked by your doctor...maybe your eyes are photosensitive as well. :eek: :cool: Then you can roll with 15% all around; otherwise you are bound by the state regulation -- check the link in an earlier post. Of course, you could go darker, but why risk it? ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts