NewCelica.org Forum banner

DO you let you're mate drive you're Celica?

• HELL NO :furious:

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • HELL YES :love:

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • MAYBE :shrugs:

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • MY OTHER HALF CANT DRIVE A STICK :applaud:

Votes: 26 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Cars not driving the same is just mental. Barring a out of hell one time event, there is nothing she could really do to alter the car in one sitting.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Dude there is literally a 1 to 2 inch difference between 3rd and 5th gear. How does she get into 3rd then? You got the ''ghetto'' lean going on with the seat all the way back or something? Get a video, we want to see it.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
My wife has driven it once. Could not get into 5th gear(she's short, it's a long reach or something).
I don't get this either. I can shift into 5th with my left hand (it's not comfortable, but it's doable), so doing 5th with the right hand should be cake for anyone.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ive taught a number of people to drive stick in my car back before I replaced the clutch. I am pretty sure that 2 of my friends are actually the reason the car needed a new clutch but I still don't really mind.

My GF tried to learn to drive stick with in her mothers Accord once and accidentally squeaked the tires a little trying to take off.This made her mom yell a bit(this was maybe the second time she had ever been behind the wheel). She has been a very cautious and slow driver ever since, and refuses to let me teach her to drive stick. Its pretty annoying.

·
Muffinboy
1,606 Posts
Girls BEG me to let them drive my car, and the FEW i have said "ok" too get into the driver's seat and then freeze or freak out and say they don't want to. :gap:

Only 3 other people (other than myself) have driven my car in the 3.5 years I have owned it. Those 3 ppl are VERY trusted friends, and I was stone cold drunk!
It's not that im possessive, I like to take care of my belongings and previous experience has show that people dont respect other people's property, thus they tear **** up!
Respect a man's car- respect the man. Even passengers in my car tear it up- slam the door, put their feet on places other than the floor, TRASH, been in fist fights with people because they lean and rub their God Damn brass tabs on their pants on the car. I'm pretty violent when it comes to my car- People KNOW to not even put finger prints on my car....
My car is the only nice thing I have, and I would like to keep it nice.

·
Muffinboy
1,606 Posts
PS. Women are known to tear cars up more than men due to the fact that they dont know much about them. If you dont know about something- its hard to give a **** about it.

You dont go to work as a Crane Operator or some other HEO and tear it up do you? NO cuz they will fire your ****ing ass and make you pay for damages.

Not saying they should know about cars to be able to drive them, just saying they should realize there is a world other then primps, perms, and blow jobs, and they should realize the fact that if you tear **** up IT COSTS. We dont go into your place and tear your **** up or gut your stupid dog, then giggle and say "oops".

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
I might be wrong but I don't think there is anything about letting your wife drive
your car in wedding vows...
X2! My wife can drive my GT-S anytime she wants. She can drive a manual better than 95% of the men I know. She does not like driving it though. It is too loud, low, and she is afraid of breaking it.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts