NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gettin' myself in deep.

I can't get the broken-off intake lift bolt out. I've drilled it and tried an easy-out but it rounded out. I've tried larger, tried drilling a bit more. It just doesn't seem to be working. So far I've not hosed any threads.

I'm wondering if I can take that whole part out. It looks like there are four bolts and it could be lifted off. Then I could come at it from both sides and get the threads all cleaned out, etc.

Is it true? Does that plate over the ends where the cam gears are come off easily with those 4 bolts?

Help with any other ideas too please!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i wouldnt mess with the cams if u dont have the tools to align it back together... the best way is to use the TSB method ... its on teamcelica page

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does that get easier access to getting out the lift bolts???

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dammit

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, read it. At what point is it easier to get the bolt remnant out???

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
2KGTS said:
I'm gettin' myself in deep.

I can't get the broken-off intake lift bolt out. I've drilled it and tried an easy-out but it rounded out. I've tried larger, tried drilling a bit more. It just doesn't seem to be working. So far I've not hosed any threads.

I'm wondering if I can take that whole part out. It looks like there are four bolts and it could be lifted off. Then I could come at it from both sides and get the threads all cleaned out, etc.

Is it true? Does that plate over the ends where the cam gears are come off easily with those 4 bolts?

Help with any other ideas too please!!!

Thanks.
For any other tool. I would suggested you to use the Sears craftsman screw extractor. Its 50 bucks so most people tend not to try it. It is worth every penny (you can return it after). I tried 4 different extractor and this one was the most effective tool.

Good luck hope you can get it out.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Royalcelica00 said:
dont hit lift until u fix it ... ur broken piece might go loose and damage ur internals...
that will not happen, unless you drive your car upside down.

if you destroyed the threads then you will either have to replace your head or find a helicoil to fix it. to get the broken piece out, take out the cams. then the lift system on the right side of the head..then tap the shaft from the right side till it poked out the left side. remove the broken piece and put all back together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts