NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have a Swedish -00 celica gt (i think its the VVT-I 143bhp engine) with a 6-speed gearbox.
Does my model have the "lift bolt" problem that is listen on the forum?
If it has, how does it feel/sound, don't know if I have goth that problem, but mine isn't acceleration good enoug, its kind of hesitatione at randomely rpms (always over 3000)..... air filter is K&N and is clean, havn't changed the sparms ....

kindly,
manekin

·
Registered
903 Posts
GT with a 6 speed? lift bolts on a GT? i think you need to do some more research.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
TRDAzNSpEeDeR said:
GT with a 6 speed? lift bolts on a GT? i think you need to do some more research.
Yes, European GT has 6-speed. This is his way of doing some research, don't be to hard on him hehehe

Manekin, GT has 1ZZ-FE engine, as you state VVT-i. No lift bolts like on the GT-S which has VVTL-i.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSBoek -> thanks for a nice and quick anwser bro...

TRDAzNSpEeDeR -> " lift bolts on a GT? " yes, thats exactly what I was asking for... thanks for your help TRDAzNSpEeDeR

·
Registered
419 Posts
your hesitation problem is your MAF, same exact problem i had, hesitation over 3000 up to about 5000... get that replaced and clean out your throttle body

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Just a note: I think the GT-S is dubbed T-sport in Europe. There was a limited edition Celica released in the UK in 2005 that had a GT suffix but was similar to the limited edition 200hp GT-S released in the States. But THAT GT suffix might have been only for the UK market. Other markets either got the VVT-i GT or the VVTL-i T-sport, both with 6-speed. Maybe some european members can help clarify this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts