NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What rpm do you kick on the high cam profile with a turbo'ed 2zzge running stock compression?

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Its so hard to say. Depending on turbos and exhausts, there is such a dramatic difference in back pressure, which will greatly affect the cam switch rpm. Your only real way to know is to go through a full dyno VVT tune to determine optimum settings and switch point. There are a few guys who have done it with N/A cars.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jesse IL said:
Its so hard to say. Depending on turbos and exhausts, there is such a dramatic difference in back pressure, which will greatly affect the cam switch rpm. Your only real way to know is to go through a full dyno VVT tune to determine optimum settings and switch point. There are a few guys who have done it with N/A cars.
I did it N/A and it was 5,800 was the best smooth transition, but 6,000 was a bit more HP.

I know some lower it down to 5,000 and some go as low at 4,000 with a turbo. I was wondering if there was a number that "most" ended up around, so we would have a place to start at.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
not really - nothings thats been repeatably proven to the point where its commonly accepted anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts