NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say, I have searched to no avail. Didnt even find anything remotely close to my problem.

Okay... I swapped a 2ZZ into my MK1 MR2. The first few times I drove the car was AWESOME to say the least.

Now the problem...After about the 6-8th drive in the car, over a period of a clp days, I noticed this problem. When accelerating car responds well. Then when I hit lift the car hesitates as lift sets in. After a few hesitations lift kicks in and car runs strong until lift is reached again.

The number of hesitations and the length in duration vary. The only other way I can describe it (from the moment lift is hit) is...WAA..WAAA..WAA..WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Doesnt sound much like the lift bolts from what Ive read. Thought it might have been drive line flex, due to some torn transaxle mount bushings. Used urathane inserts to remidy the problem...No such luck.. still there.

Any ideas or has anyone else experienced such issue?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Check the lift bolts REGUARDLESS

Also remove your MAF sensor from the intake pipe and clean it with some brake cleaner that will not leave a residue.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
so you swapped a 2zz into a mkI?
are you on mr2oc.com?
Last time I looked into it people were projecting 10k cost for all the custom work involved in doing this.
I'd like some more info here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SteveO000000001 said:
Check the lift bolts REGUARDLESS

Also remove your MAF sensor from the intake pipe and clean it with some brake cleaner that will not leave a residue.
Will check the lift bolts and clean the MAF sensor. I hope it is that simple!!

kabal57 said:
so you swapped a 2zz into a mkI?
are you on mr2oc.com?
Last time I looked into it people were projecting 10k cost for all the custom work involved in doing this.
I'd like some more info here.
Yes, 2ZZ in a MKI. Search MR2OC.com and you will find a few threads on there. Info, ask away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts