NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question, my lift doesn't seem to kick in till about 7K RPM, isn't it supposed to kick in at like 6K? Any ideas on what it is? I've replaced the lift bolts about 2K miles ago so I'm pretty sure its not them. I was wondering if having them tightened down to much may attribute to this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Anthony

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try cleaning your MAF sensor. Do a search for the cleaning directions. A dirty MAF sensor can cause weak or late lift.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've cleaned it a couple of times, I've cleaned my intakes filter, as well as my IACV. So I'm leaning towards either my MAF is all fubr'ed or my intake is causing this. Because I am also having stalling problems in low RPMs.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'll try throwing my buddys MAFS on and see if that does it. If it don't, then I'll throw his stock airbox on. If thats not it, then I'll try the oil.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
What Intake do you have cause when I installed my Injen CAI. I didnt get any of the lift(throw back in the seat) as I used to when a had the stock airbox. i have no low end torque either now

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i used to have a injen short ram, and lift was DRAMATICALLY reduced then, but it was still there about 6-6.5K rpm, not 7k'ish. Now, I've got a eBay CAI modded per instructions of Blue Bomber. It's throwing a CEL, so that may be the deal because the last 3 CELs it threw were all "Lean in fuel bank 1". So that actually may be my dilema... will running lean cause lift to hit late? Because I also have to floor the gas at about 5500 to get into lift. I can't just mash it from a stoplight and go, i have to progress into it...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
yeah if you don't live in Cali where the cops always check for CARB stickers when they pull you over, just get the TPR intake. The next batch should be coming out soon. I have the Injen but then again I have the PowerFC to tune out the bogging and attain max horsepower from the Injen. I live in Cali so I wanted the CARB sticker.

As far as I have heard from testimonials the TPR intake doesn't throw CELs and doesn't have bogging on the stock ecu. TPR also says it gives you low end of the AEM and the top end of the Injen (even though you guys report no top end on the Injen). It could just be that the engagement to lift is smoother so it's harder to feel. I haven't driven your car so I don't know...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts