NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have the PFC and sometimes my lift is fuked up...just today as i hit lift the car jerked like it just hit the rev limiter then im like wtf....then on the same day it would go pass 6500RPM then jerked around 7200RPM like it hit the rev limiter..and sometimes during a long drive i have to downshift to pass other cars and when i hit lift the car sounds real rough and the muffler sounds like its growling...anyone experience this? i have a 00 GTS and sometimes i hate it

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
could be broken lift bolts - if you get a 1693 with it then I would say low oil / sludge on the VVTL filter, but with no code probably lift bolts.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was thinkin of the broken lift bolts but i have changed it...and lift will come back normal and hard time to time.....and one thing does the PFC give out CEL?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I dont THINK you will see any code on the obdII with the PFC ...

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
no the PFC will not give you a CEL...replace the PFC with your stock ECU and see if you throw a code...but sometimes broken lift bolts dont throw codes. only way to be sure is check...pull the valve cover and check...

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Doh - with a Power FC its a whole different ballgame. Driveability issues are easier to address on the stock ECU - put the stock computer back on and let us know.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
I guess with a pfc, if you have a wideband hooked up with the commander interface, you have all the important facts in front you anyway, so YOU can decide if there is a specific issue or not...i think

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the same problem but im runing the stock ECU, Im going to instal my power fc to seen if it happens with it on. does anyone know what the problem is? its freaking me out.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi!

I don't know if this is the case but 7200rpm is the rev limit when the car is cold and lift is not engaged.

G.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok i have the PFC and sometimes my lift is fuked up...just today as i hit lift the car jerked like it just hit the rev limiter then im like wtf....then on the same day it would go pass 6500RPM then jerked around 7200RPM like it hit the rev limiter..and sometimes during a long drive i have to downshift to pass other cars and when i hit lift the car sounds real rough and the muffler sounds like its growling...anyone experience this? i have a 00 GTS and sometimes i hate it
Hey im new to the forum im also experiencing a jerk at 7200RPM just wanted to know if your problem was the broken lift bolts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Hi!

I don't know if this is the case but 7200rpm is the rev limit when the car is cold and lift is not engaged.

G.
.. and you should not be driving at 7k if the engine is cold too ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts