NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was racing a douche in a bmw and bent my valves so I got a rebuild on my head. After putting the head back together and driving gentle for about 250 miles I noticed at 6k rpm my lift wouldn't engage and the car would strain. I cant figure it out its pissing me off. Put new oil and everything and still lift wont engage. Any ideas? Is something unplugged? ECU missing something? help, this is pissing me off.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Did you check and see if the lift bolts were reinstalled? Pull your valve cover off and check. You could've broke your lift bolts and they weren't replaced in the rebuild. I'd start off by pulling your valve cover off and checking.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
if thats not it you probably didnt reconnect the OCV or the oil pressure sensor on the back of the head for the lift engagement. You'll need the grounds bolted back on the housing also

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys so I checked under valve cover and my lift intake bolt wasn't even screwed in the threads in the head were trashed. So then my stupid mechanic decided it would be a good idea to put a slightly bigger bolt so it could rip new threads in the head and it snapped in half. So now im having so much trouble taking out the piece of the broken bolt in that hole. my luck.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
He'll need to pull the cam and rocker shaft and be very careful to collect all the metal shavings. Based on his previous work, I don't think I would trust him to fix this correctly.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
^nor would i

ive had to helicoil 1 of the shafts only because the bolts wernt tightened enough and it backed out and didnt break (it was a problem that happened before i bought the car) we didnt pull the shaft. my dads a mechanic so he put a rag on each side, put some grease on the rags and on the bit to catch what shavings would be made, cleaned everything up and inserted the coil. repositioned the shaft since it backed out to the cam and then put the new lift bolts in. been fine ever since.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a new head 2 weeks ago tho. and ok thanks for the help guys ill helicoil today and let you know how it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts