NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
IF I'm not wrong, Only a Stand alone could do that. Power FC or Hydra EMS. There no Cheaper solution.

·
It is known.
8,240 Posts
If you have an 02 GTS 6spd you can use an ecu from a 2000. Don't forget to replace the knock sensor too. I would imagine the people with a 05 could do this with an 03 ecu. You'll get about 800 more rpms in lift with this switch. Although, lowering lift engagement any further without F/I is kinda pointless because you have a dip in power.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
F/I means what? And I have a celica tsport from uk so a cable throttle body. And no from a certain year they switched to drive by wire on the gts so these can't just switch.

·
It is known.
8,240 Posts
F/I means what?
Forced induction meaning turbo or a supercharger.

2000 ecu lift engagement is 6k and fuel cut is 8350.
Some early US 01 ecus are 6k as well before they moved them 6200.

I am not versed with UK specs unfortunately.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
VVTi cam tuning is critical to power production during and after cam change. Simply switching cams lower is not going to make more power - it will in point of fact cause a loss of power.

Get a full standalone or enjoy the car the way it is.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No look at Wikipedia => toyota celica => europe and then the last on is thr most expensive one because it was a final edition i think and nicer body kit, leather/alcantara interior and much more, then the t-sport and only available in the UK

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is a 2zzge... So should I go JDM ecu or USDM (00-01 gts) ecu or stick with this one? I don't want aftermarket because I don't want to spend 600+ dollars on dyno right now

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Post a picture of your throttle body. In the US from 03-05 the 2ZZ is drive by wire and the ECUs are not compatible with the 00-02 ECUs.

·
Registered
376 Posts
In Europe the ecu didn't change with the years regarding lift point or Rev limiter, that's purely a US thing. All 2zz are cable driven over here, no drive by wire

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.