NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lift is not kicking in period, i called my dealership and they said if the engine light is not on they dont know what to fix. I also told them about that broken bolt everbody's talkng about and again the dealer said if the engine light is not on he cant help me. Should the engine light come on if the bolt is broken?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, the service manager said if the check engine light is not on, then he couldn't find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Print out the thread about the bolt problem and show it to the service manager. If the service manager still doesn't want to look into it. Tell them you will pay for the labor for them to remove the valve cover and investigate it. However if they find the bolt is broken and then there should be no cost to you.

On a side note check to see how much oil you have in your car. Lift won't work well on your car if it's low on oil.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Here is what i had to do. This is from my thread that i created about 5 months ago. IF you need any help PM and i'll try to help you out more. Also GTS24 can help you out as well.

Well i will finally have lift again. After 3 dealerships and alot of bitching i am finally getting my lift problem fixed. I had to agree to pay 55 dollars for them to remove my valve cover to see if the stake bolt was broken, and guess what, it was. So now i am without my celi for 3 to 10 days depending on how long it takes to get the parts in.

My advise for everyone that is having this problem either agree to pay for them to remove the valve cover (you don't have to pay if the bolt is broken) or remove it yourself to see if that is the problem instead of going through the horror that i had to go through. Toyota's SERVICE F_CKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank everyone that helped me out on this site, not going to metion any names for personal reasons but thanks again.

When you go to have your car serviced have the dealership call the technical assistance line @ 1-800-233-3718, they will have to enter there dealer code, and then press 2 for powertrains. Everyone there is aware of this problem. Make sure you have the dealership tell them that the variable LIFT is not working or is working intermittently and that should everyone get this problem fixed in a timly manner instead of 4 months of hell that i had to go through.

·
Registered
880 Posts
2000RedGTS said:
Should the engine light come on if the bolt is broken?
Most everyone with this problem DID NOT have a check engine light come on.

Jamey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts