NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a light weight crankshaft for the 00-02 1zz-fe ? and would you recomend having one? i plan on going f/i and i just dont know if it would be strong enough if it weighed significantly less.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Talk to littlerocket spyder - I know he found a guy that can lighten them.

*I* wouldn't do it - but I'm all for other folks finding out how well it works with their money - keep us posted! Toyota cranks are very strong so as long as you aren't making nuts power it should be fine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well. i need a new crankshaft for the engine im building (spun a rod bearing) so i figured getting a lighter aftermarket one would 1. Probably be cheaper than dealer, 2. Lighter cant hurt if it can take the load. But ill probably go with Boosted on this one and just use a stock crankshaft from a junkyard. i am aiming to push 10-12 psi so id rather be safe than sorry.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
There is no aftermarket for Toyota cranks - theres no point they never break.

Go to spyderchat and look up littlerocket - hes probably got a couple 1ZZ cranks and as I said I believe he has a resource to get them lightened.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just sent him a PM on the spyderchat website. Thanks alot for your help boosted, when i posted i saw that you were online and was hoping you'd just so happen to answer my post :applaud:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Crower will make you one. Lead time is 3-4 months and the cost is around $2,400. It'll also be stronger, but Boosted already brought up the point that they really havn't broken anyway so the main advantage is that it will be lighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.