NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a set of wheel locks ... does anyone know who makes lightweight locks?

Or where I could buy some?

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
rays make really light weight wheel locks but they are expensive

there is also this other brand which are available for a fairly cheap price but i cannot think of its name right now

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
the rays include 4 7-sided lugs so you have one "locking" nut on each wheel. and yes you hand tighten those too. altho theyre supposed to be strong impact tools are a no-no.

·
Registered
425 Posts
GTpiMp said:
i've heard with the Kyokugen that you have to "hand tighten" them ... is this how all wheel locks are?

They are $50 for 20 @ www.autosportz.com
You should hand tighten all your lugs before tightening them down with a wrench, fallowed by a final tightening with a torque wrench.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Do you think 1 wheel lock on each wheel is going to make that much of a performance difference?? I have the gorilla wheel locks from Tirerack.com and they aren't much heavier than my lugnuts.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Rotiational weight makes a very big performance differance as it almost multiplys inself becuase of it's rotational properties, but even at that a 1/4 lb. wheel lock isn't that much weight. I'd think it would be more important to keep your wheels balanced by haveing locking lugs that weight about the same as the rest of your lugs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts