NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, i know ac ouple threads have popped up about this.

Today I was hanging out w/ my buddy and his friend oliver just came up from florida. He flew down, the dealer picked up him up from the airport and then he basically picked up the car and brought it home to NJ. It's a red srt-4. Anyway, this car is really nice. The stock seats are very comfortable like ours and they really hug you when your sitting in them. The turbo is incredible, and I just love the feeling of how hard it pulls. The gears are pretty short cause 2nd topped out at 60, but he just goes through the gears so quick. It was really really amazing.

pretty much everywhere he went everyone was revving and everything. Anyway, i used to think neons were pretty crappy, but this is just an extremly nice car. Anyway, that's really all. And of course it crushes a manual gt, lol. for 21,000 dollars it's definately a car worth considering (and yes I know it's a neon).

·
Registered
462 Posts
kocheroni said:
WOW, i know ac ouple threads have popped up about this.

Today I was hanging out w/ my buddy and his friend oliver just came up from florida. He flew down, the dealer picked up him up from the airport and then he basically picked up the car and brought it home to NJ. It's a red srt-4. Anyway, this car is really nice. The stock seats are very comfortable like ours and they really hug you when your sitting in them. The turbo is incredible, and I just love the feeling of how hard it pulls. The gears are pretty short cause 2nd topped out at 60, but he just goes through the gears so quick. It was really really amazing.

pretty much everywhere he went everyone was revving and everything. Anyway, i used to think neons were pretty crappy, but this is just an extremly nice car. Anyway, that's really all. And of course it crushes a manual gt, lol. for 21,000 dollars it's definately a car worth considering (and yes I know it's a neon).
I agree, sat in one at auto show and it does seem very nice....alot more like an import than a dodge

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
American cars don't last long

Most problems on Dodge vehicles are the transmission, fuel rail leak, head gaskets and the steering assembly

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Being that this is a slightly different motor form the old 2.4 (or was 2.5) liter and the tranmission is a 6 speed. I'm going ot assume that it will not have the same problems as the previous generation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i hate to burst your bubble but i had a 95 neon sport (my son now drives it) and i never had problems. It now has 214k miles on it and still runs strong in fact my son has put a centerforce clutch in it, header, underdrive pully, Borla exhaust, iceman cai and a mopar performance ecu, its pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I was about to ask that same question. I seemed to have missed the part where he drove from fla. to nj as well. I got the feeling that he didnt make that whole drive under 4k and especially not under 55! hahaha

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
pinoyracer said:
American cars don't last long

Most problems on Dodge vehicles are the transmission, fuel rail leak, head gaskets and the steering assembly
I'll agree with that My Mom had a 95 Neon when it was first released in the first year the tranny was rebuilt twice and replaced. Then we had it fixed several times after that in the next couple years. I got my lisence in 97 and 28 days after that The lower coupler to the steering colum detached and I drove straight into a tree and flipped almost killed me.

But the SRT-4 seems pretty badass

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
yea but these are the old neons.. this is new.. and im sure they hear about their rep from the past.. dont you think they would try and fix all of em to shut everybody up? we'll see.. good lil review..

·
Registered
281 Posts
How come even dodge understands the market enough to come out with a fi car from the factory... while honda and toyota seem to be falling behind here? Not that i would buy a dodge over toyota... but geez i bet you can crank ponies out of the srt4 then we GT-S owners ever will. How much do you want to bet that this car has more aftermarket engine mods and more 300+hp cars running in a year than the 7th gen celi will. What a waste. Our nimble little coupe falls behind again, despite having the looks and the frame to be on top!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

the big one is at http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pb014a267f843cc29e2b5d2f0fb992059/fc880445.jpg.orig.jpg

-edit for chris, i wasn't trying to post an image there, just let people know where the big one of that picture is at: copyshortcut and paste in brwoser.

I'm not going to go into detaisl why the penny/breath mints are there, some people may know, however let's just say it's a sign of validity.

I lopped off my head

That's all the pictures i took of the car, I don't have proof it's in new jersey other than that's where I live and there is snow on the ground, but it's a beautiful car.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SilverBullet GTS said:
I was about to ask that same question. I seemed to have missed the part where he drove from fla. to nj as well. I got the feeling that he didnt make that whole drive under 4k and especially not under 55! hahaha
he wanted me to post this for you:

i guess he didn't take it under 55 the whole way huh.

all originals can be viewed by puting .orig.jpg after the properties for the pictures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts