NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a body kit, but dunno which one is better, any answer will be appreciated thank you!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
lip kits, cheaper to paint, easy to install(besides all that glue and skit)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I really like the lip look better myself. However for those of us who have 03's there is only one lip that i've seen, i really like the Greddy lip that was never released. Any tips on that. (not meaning to thread jack, just didn't wanna clutter up with another thread)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
one other thing, since I came to nc my ww front lip has started sagging, i dunno, I guess the heat did some not so good things to the tape holding the front up.. I had to put a few screws in where the grille is to hold it on, it still looks like @ss tho.
my old one never did that, just this 2nd one.
Just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
487 Posts
There are some good lip kits.. Much cheaper to paint, don't have to mold sideskirts to body.. But since they fit over stock parts, they can't be as wild(if that is what you are going for) as bodykits.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Lip kit:

Pro's:
Bumpers will always fit right, as they are originals, the lips are added
Cheap to paint
Easy to install

Con's:
Often looks stock
Wil not be as aggressive as full kit (most of the time)

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
KaylinSS999 said:
I really like the lip look better myself. However for those of us who have 03's there is only one lip that i've seen, i really like the Greddy lip that was never released. Any tips on that. (not meaning to thread jack, just didn't wanna clutter up with another thread)
there are actually a number of lips of 03+ that are available: TRD eligant, C-one, Razzi, Varis. possibly another

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
I bought a replica veilside kit w/ a cwest front last summer at this time. I didnt even put it all the way on the car before I found out how crappy it fit.

I sold it and bought a Vizage kit for the simple fact that it would fit without gaps onto the stock bumpers.

I wish I had realized this the first time thru and not wasted the money. Maybe my experience can help you out here on your purchase since they are so pricey.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you get a full body kit and get it made out of fiberglass you will save weight if you are concerned about that. If you get urethane it will be heavier. If you get a lip kit obviously you are just adding weight.

If you are just talking about looks...it's all about taste. Many body kits are too over-the-top for me, and I generally like more simple lower-profile designs like many lip kits are. It's whatever you want.

lip kits are easier to replace, repaint, fit, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts