NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing that people have stuffed this engine into anything from a miata to a jeep, so would it fit in our celicas?

on a scale from 2zz swap to the suprica how much custom fab would this take because these engines are all over the place. If it fits my biggest concern is the electronics an ecu. Im hearing there are two systems that will cause a ton of problems: VATS and BCM, neither of which i know anything about at the moment. the cobalt, ion, and solstice were set up wayy different than our celicas on top of that with the wiring.. any reccomendations?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
You'd have to run two separate harnesses. One for the body electronics and one for the motor. It's a Chevy do it's probably dbw so that'll have to be converted to cable. Getting it mounted and capable of driving the wheels would be the hardest part to me.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two separate harnesses? So you mean I would have to run two ecus, one for the engine, one for everything else?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Just like every other GM engine swap

Sent from my XT907 using Tap Talk BC nocoolname and Oldman love knowing what apps I use.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, thats a little different.. ill have to look at a few sites about gm swaps, because ive never heard of that. and i saw on my brothers cobalt how the engine is mounted, and it looks like it just might be possible.. I need to see the hubs though.. or maybe find a place that will make custom CV axles. I know splines arent cheap unfortunately..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts