NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many months of established credit did you have before you went out and got your loan. What was your income? What interest rate did you land? I'm pullin in a little under 2500 a month paid weekly, and have about 5-6 months of established ontime payment credit. No credit card debt. I have about 1-2k to put down on a 10-12k loan. Any other loan suggestions like which lender to use, or things I should watch out for?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
i pulled in a 12K loan at 8.5% interest as a first time buyer because I had absolutely no credit! 6 months of credit might help you, what's more important is how long you've had your job and how long you've been at your place of residency! Capital One Auto Fianancing I've heard is real good and competitive for loans. Bank of America offers great car loans and are primarily a prime lender. If you need non prime .. try wells fargo .. If you buy your car from carmax i'm sure they'll set you up with the right loan for you .. If you belong to a credit union thats more the better because their rates are generaly around 4% on new or used car loans! At carmax the best rate I've seen was 4.5% for excellent credit and remember loans are also for the car and not just the person .. the older the car the less likely you can get a great rate from a lender because the chances that the car breaks down and you skip on payments is much higher!

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by IrCGTS
i pulled in a 12K loan at 8.5% interest as a first time buyer because I had absolutely no credit! 6 months of credit might help you, what's more important is how long you've had your job and how long you've been at your place of residency! Capital One Auto Fianancing I've heard is real good and competitive for loans. Bank of America offers great car loans and are primarily a prime lender. If you need non prime .. try wells fargo .. If you buy your car from carmax i'm sure they'll set you up with the right loan for you .. If you belong to a credit union thats more the better because their rates are generaly around 4% on new or used car loans! At carmax the best rate I've seen was 4.5% for excellent credit and remember loans are also for the car and not just the person .. the older the car the less likely you can get a great rate from a lender because the chances that the car breaks down and you skip on payments is much higher!

yep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts