NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been following the threads about the CAI that TRD released for the Matrix. Here's a pic of it. Isn't that purdy?????? Why couldn't TRD get their brainiacs to make us one???? By the way, how much do you think they pay for the TRD plaque on it? Sure looks nice slapped on another manufacters CAI!!!!

http://www.partznet.com/toyota/matrix/images/matrix_intake.jpg

·
Registered
333 Posts
lookslike a nakayama intake that is 49 dollars off ebay with a TRD silver plate added on to the maf sensor location

i know there is an actual TRD CAI for the matrix.. but... the injen looks like its a lot higher quality

·
Registered
134 Posts
One benefit of having TRD is warranty. Well looks like with a TRD CAI Toyota will not be honoring warranties in the case of hydrolock with TRD CAI.

Makes you wonder whats the point.

·
Registered
480 Posts
the bracket looks better, but I think the Injen has the better look (especially if that's the only color offered...it was apparently an unpopular one among the Injen)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
so why does the matrix get a CAI? Is it because it's higher off the ground than a celica? Sometimes TRD can be so gay...

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
TRD is ridiculous. The Matrix gets a CAI, and we don't even get a short ram intake. Ugh. :wtc:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
richmds said:
One benefit of having TRD is warranty. Well looks like with a TRD CAI Toyota will not be honoring warranties in the case of hydrolock with TRD CAI.

Makes you wonder whats the point.
Toyota wouldnt warrentee the car if you drove it off a cliff...TRD doesnt cover I.D.10.T errors

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I like the TRD CAI, did they really get it from Injen?? :ugh:

·
Registered
481 Posts
there's a big post about it here http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68633

also don't buy it from partznet get it from carson toyota it's
cheaper and i think free shipping

go to matrixvibe.net and in the for sale forum there's a topic about it.

the trd grill and trd short shifter just came out as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How is hydrolocking the same as driving off a cliff?
apparently looking at your sig your somewhere in the desert so maybe large puddles isnt something you are familiar with.

RedNOSceli said:

Toyota wouldnt warrentee the car if you drove it off a cliff...TRD doesnt cover I.D.10.T errors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts