NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So I currently drive an '06 Altima with a lot of problems. I've been looking at getting a different car, and I've looked at newer models of cars (mostly Toyotas and Hondas), and I found a '03 Celica GT, checked the CarFax, it's selling for $3K and has 234,000 miles. It has a relatively clean record other than a minor accident and if I were to buy it, I would probably make some cosmetic and tech changes (update audio system and new headlight assembly), I am just wondering if it is worth looking into purchasing this vehicle.

Thank you!

·
Registered
275 Posts
$3000 for that many miles is pretty expensive, I just paid $1500 for a 6 speed GTS with 209k miles. Look on Facebook marketplace and private sellers, you should be able to find one in much better shape for $3000

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,310 Posts
Eh, $2,475 is NADA used retail for std. equipped GT around me. A private seller would probably be slightly above the trade-in of $1K.

Not sure that you want to go from an '06 to an '03. If $3K is your bracket, you might also look at an '05/'06 Scion tC. But, IMHO, the tC is a bit blander than a GT. That GT might be at least worth looking at.

Reactions: kalrynne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eh, $2,475 is NADA used retail for std. equipped GT around me. A private seller would probably be slightly above the trade-in of $1K.

Not sure that you want to go from an '06 to an '03. If $3K is your bracket, you might also look at an '05/'06 Scion tC. But, IMHO, the tC is a bit blander than a GT. That GT might be at least worth looking at.
Yeah, I'm perfectly able to go well above the $3K for a car, even looking outside of Celicas and can go up to $13K for a car. Just looking for the nostalgia of older vehicles though newer vehicles are good as well, I guess I am an enthusiast of the Celica.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts