NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I am currently waiting on my celica to get finished with a FI rebuild and a gt30r turbo. However, I am also thinking of getting a second car, used of course. I want something that is not any less fun to drive than the celica. So far I have been browsing the Audi TT quattro, corvette, and bmw's roadsters. What would you guys recommend as far as other cars within the $20k used price range.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
not really caring for a winter car... but if i got the tt awd it would be just fine in the snow...
any car, fwd, rwd, awd is fine in the snow so long as you have proper snow tires

I drove my Z4 all winter long in upstate NY (snowbelt)

That said, the TT is a bitch car, the Corvette is fun but really unrefined - if you care about performance-dollar ratio, nothing beats Corvettes - that said, there's a reason people drive things OTHER than Corvettes - there's more to life than performance. That leaves the BMW Roadsters - I like the Z4 a lot, I like the Z3 a lot.

Personally, I'd take my $20,000 and get a nice Porsche 911 (that price will get you an immaculate 964, a slightly worn 993 or a high mileage 996) OR I would get an S2000 or RX-8 for $10,000 - $15,000 and have cash left.

·
15,579 Posts
The TT is a bitch car, but the Z3 and Z4 are not? :rofl:
Let me explain it so you can understand it Mikey.

Yes, a understeering VW Gulf/FWD based poseurmobile that can't get out of its own way IS a bitch car - never mind watching them flop like dead fish at the autocrosses (when someone is silly enough to try, they never come back for a second time).

The RWD, 50/50 weight distribution, purpose built roadster BMW Z is a sports car - in fact, I'd argue the Zs are BMWs only real sports cars.

·
15,579 Posts
Over here you will never see a Z4 on the road in the winter...To much salt being pored on the streets .
I leased mine - I didn't give two ****s if it rusted out 5 years from now. That's BMW's problem.

marc, how does the m3's compare to the z4? i have driven a z4, but not the m3 yet
Depends on which M3. They're both based on the same platform. The M3 is taller, heavier, longer, wider, and seats four people. Its also structurally stiffer. The E46 M3 is one of my favorite cars on the planet. You might be able to get one for a hair over $20,000 these days.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
i would take a couple over a roadster anyday. i like both bodystyles as well and they are seen everyday.

older.

newer

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Z3m.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Z4 M :p

It makes the regular Z4 feel like a turd on wheels.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
^ i know, but had to input that the Z4 M coupe is a big step up over the regular Z4.

There are lots of fun cars for the price hes looking at.

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
they're pretty much giving away Z4 Ms at the moment - like, $550/month or something ridiculous.
That would equate to about half price. There's no way they're selling them that cheap.

You might get a lease for that but he didn't ask for a lease. That's why I suggested Z3 with the 3.0. Within his constraints.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts