NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can someone who knows explain something to me?
I'm looking at 2003 celicas right now. Every dealer i go to is willing to go right down to invoice price straight away, furthermore most dealers round here only have 1 on the lot if at all. And many dealers have said to me that they are awaiting toyota to send more.
It seems really weird to me.
They are clearing their lots right now for dirt cheap, but they are anxiously awaiting and making room for the soon to be shipped celicas.
Are the 2004 coming out already? Is this batch still gonna be 2003's but be a different design?

Please only explain if you know for sure, or at least mark as speculation, I dun wanna get all confused :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
I heard that they are going to build the Celica here now (instead of Japan). Don't know if or when this was going to happen... could be a possibility.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Last I heard its 2005 and its still gonna be built in Japan. /shrug.

anyways the dealers are probably getting some cash back from Toyota right now wich is prolly why they are willing to drop price so much. Plus Celica sales are kind of in the crapper anyways which may hav something to do with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh, I've decided I'm buying a new car because I've never had one :)
It's just weird how low dealers are going right away. I've been to 3 different dealers in the past 3 days, 2 of em offered me below invoice within 10 minutes... And there's no dealer incentive listed anywhere. Holdbacks aren't that big.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The is ZERO demand for Celicas, to put it bluntly. It's weird as hell. So many people compliment my car and oggle it (and every freakin' Honda on the road tries to rev at me), but they don't sell for chit. Because of this, dealers don't even bother to try and haggle, and immediately drop to within a few hundred of invoice (or less) without a fight.

Works for me. As for you, take advantage of it and consider yourself one of the lucky ones who sees how great the Celica is since advertising for it is non-existent now. :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
The dealer here wouldn't go below $1000 over invoice even after months of going into the dealership and showing interest only to leave and not come around for a while. Usually that strategy works on dealers and they see you are interested and lower it some more. They were really firm on the price :( Also if a car doesn't sell within 90 days I believe the dealership loses money on it because Toyota pays them money to have it on their lot for the first 90 days and after that whatever money the dealership has to pay to keep the car there (cleaned and whatnot) comes out of their pockets. So most dealerships try to get rid of them before then. I read a big write up on this on http://www.edmunds.com I believe.

·
Registered
121 Posts
hello all.
i've just bought a 03 TRD GT. got it for a good price too.
one reason why it seems like dealerships are selling for just over invoice could be this.
I read in a reveiw book from costco that toyota plans on taking off $3000(can) from the suggested retail price in june/july, along with lower interest rates. So the great prices we're getting right now aren't really that great. since they are about to get alot more cheaper in a few months. if u can hold off i'ld wait. just catch it at the beggining of the sale, as i see it being a feeding frenzy when it does happen. I didn't know about this price drop till a month after i got my new toy. oh well still love my celi. way better then the civic i used to drive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey MrSpiffy,
What cars in the pricerange are faster than the celica? I was walking into dealers and they were offering me GT's for under 18k american $.
The invoice on the car was like 18.2k (msrp was what? 20-21k) and I walk in and get an offer (not promising to buy or anything) for 18k flat.
Also, what's a canadian dollar worth? lol let me google the exchange rate....

Ok, using this http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
3k canadian = 2.064k american
So their new invoice would be 16.136k

THANKS dzydvl03!
I think I'm gonna definately wait then.
I KNEW there had to be something fishy.
If anyone could find proof/rumours of this online i'd appreciate it :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts