NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good ideas?

I would like to have a RWD project car, that is pretty quick stock already, and not really all that new. I am not looking for a year 2000+ car, but if i found one, i wouldnt really mind. I would like something that actually runs to start off with, and i was thinking of maybe an MR-2 with the 3sgte engine. How hard is that to come by?

Anyways - if anyone has some good ideas, and ecen some specs, please let me know, it will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
240 with an SR20 drop is a good choice :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My 93 RX7 is for sale :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I was gonna say a 240SX with a swap also. If you want an MR2 and dont mind traveling, I looked last night and saw a lot of low miles completely stock 3sgtes on there, but you're gonna pay a pretty penny for one...$8000 would be a steal. I think I saw 3 or 4 MR2 turbos and one celica all-trac that was in great shape.

If your a V8 kind of guy, get a Pontiac Fiero. Theres a guy that makes everything you need to swap in a 350 V8 (LS1 maybe?). Its a midengine car like the MR2. 1988 was the best year.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Automaton said:
BHam00GT-S said:
240 is an ugly, slow, ricer choice :)
I agree.
hey, he asked for something RWD, cheap, and fast. An SR20 drop, although completely played out by now IMO, would only cost around $5k plus some labor

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Also don't forget about Miata's. They're beautiful cars and run around 2-3k, depending on condition, and they're not quite as played out as 240's. 2nd gen RX7's are pretty cheap, if you wanted just a shell you can get those for around 200-300ish. For a complete car, you're looking at around 2-3k again. 3rd gens get a bit more expensive, ranging from 10k all the way up to 25k, all depending on condition. S13's run around 3k-6k for a stock one, and around here the SR20 swap runs around $1500, though I'd like to see more people modding the KA instead of being a lemming. Its a damn strong engine. MR-2's are out there, but more expensive because of the rarity factor.

·
Registered
273 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? What size engine?
I like the miata's, personally... Very cheap, convertable, and dorp a 5.0 in it and you got yourself a monster... Just my opinion...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I would get a 90-93 Mustang. You can pick up a 5.0 pretty cheap. RWD, plenty of power, cheap to build.

Maybe a Camaro, unless you want to stick import, but money wise, domestics.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that camaro is an auto....i know a guy selling a 5.0 only thing is it has 200K miles on it, and he wants 4K. I mean, he will go lower cuz he laughed when he said that, but still. He runs like a 8.1 on a 1/8th.

·
Banned
65 Posts
techgeekwill said:
I would get a 90-93 Mustang. You can pick up a 5.0 pretty cheap. RWD, plenty of power, cheap to build.

Maybe a Camaro, unless you want to stick import, but money wise, domestics.
I second that. Stangs and Camaros go for dead cheap and have a good variety of aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Lexus SC300/400?

·
Registered
288 Posts
300zx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts