NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a GT-s! I have the RPS max (6 puck) which is rated at 375lbs of tq, but at 18 psi it still slips!!!!!!! The only clutch I saw that was rated for higher tq was a drag only clutch. Pls any info or links would be greatly appreciated!

Lau'San

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
What's the flywheel surface look like?

I assume that you aren't making more than 375 ft/lbs of torque so I imagine it could probably be something else causing the clutch to not grip proplerly.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what math we could gather on the car, im actually pretty close to 375lbs of tq. Remember my max psi is 20. Were thinking the RPS max clutch numbers were exaggerated some.

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Originally posted by soceur
from what math we could gather on the car, im actually pretty close to 375lbs of tq. Remember my max psi is 20. Were thinking the RPS max clutch numbers were exaggerated some.
375 TQ!!!!!!!!
:AF:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea but i running more boost then you. At 10 psi the clutch is ok but when i push more than that...slippage:(

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
That clutch should not be slipping at that boost level. We're running the street disk (rated at only 300) and it's fine at over 20psi with slicks.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Dude you are nowhere close to 375 ft lbs of torque at 20 PSI on a 2ZZ.

Did you get a new flywheel or at least resurface the old one when you installed the clutch?

Have you done a proper 500 mile break in at moderate power yet?

·
Registered
709 Posts
This is what SPEC said when I asked them about my clutch slipping when I am not even near the rated torque:

It is normal to have slippage during the breakin period.

So maybe you need to break it in still or you ****ed up your break in..

·
Registered
394 Posts
Its very hard to bolieve that the MAX is slipping. But if you do want a plate that will hold more, just let me know. I can have RPS just put a different diaphram in it.

I was wondering what happened to you, If you got the new clutch or not. I will talk to them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Shant, I thought I emailed you telling you I had got it...maybe it was Dusty...not sure. I to cant believe the clutch is slipping but what can i say when it does, and was properly broken in. I may have to get this diaphram you mention.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
You have the blue pressure plate right? Also, mvp shows the 6-puck to handle 410 lbs of torque, while MWR shows 375. Which one is right? I think that MWR has the Max street in their Spyder and running in the 11s!!!!! The 6-puch should hold quite a bit more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts