NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I’m located in central california and was hoping that anybody outside of the states would be able to sell me some parts relating to the climate controls? not asking for every part from one person, but even if you only have one please reply / message me directly! The parts i’m looking for specifically are:
Blower Assembly (87130‑20650)
Fresh/Recirculate Servo (87106‑20440)
Air Temp Servo (87106‑20430)
Exterior Temp Sensor (88625‑20500)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Kadised.......Nasa One living in Japan, owner of 2 celica's (2001 SSII (Superstrut) and 2004 SSII w/action package) I can check here.....probably better to buy them new from the Toyota Kanagawa Dealerships. Let me check first and get prices then send you the original estimates for Toyota. I want to be transparent as possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
please let me know how much it would be to send me the parts to switch over to digital climate controls :) if you can send me a bundle like of all the items asked for on iToasters guide it would be greatly appreciated, and let me know how much you would charge me

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just read iToasters guide....I will try to get the parts cost first because some these items are not ideal to get used. Well let me see what they come up with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Getting back with you.....some of these parts are pretty expensive since the celica is not made any more.....probably best to look for a complete dash from a junked celica? This is just my opinion but if I needed the parts to fix my celica then I am quite sure they would have those parts in a heartbeat because they are going to charge me to install it. But once I said I needed them for a project they were not as quick to help. I will check if I can get an entire dash.....unfortunately here you can just go into a junk yard and pull a part......everything over here is money driven.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! I’m located in central california and was hoping that anybody outside of the states would be able to sell me some parts relating to the climate controls? not asking for every part from one person, but even if you only have one please reply / message me directly! The parts i’m looking for specifically are:
Where did u find the wire harness

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where did u find the wire harness
I'm in Japan.......the climate control system/ controls are either you have to ask the dealer or know someone who has access to a junk yard. In Japan you have something like an account or be a dealer (used car) in order to enter a junk yard and get certain parts. My recommendation to a member on this site was since I am here in Japan probably better to see if I can purchase an entire dash from a junked celica.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in Japan.......the climate control system/ controls are either you have to ask the dealer or know someone who has access to a junk yard. In Japan you have something like an account or be a dealer (used car) in order to enter a junk yard and get certain parts. My recommendation to a member on this site was since I am here in Japan probably better to see if I can purchase an entire dash from a junked celica.

Yea if u can purchase those parts for me im willing to pay you for them please.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The parts initially in the original discussion (with Kadised) were for the items being brand new from the dealer not used. If used I have no guarantee that they would work since I have no idea if they had been tested or how many kilometers the car they were taken from had on it. (Basically throwing your money out the window) Since some items like a harness maybe easier to get if I can get my hands on a entire dash....it is still a difficult task becuase I need to be notified when one comes in (that is in my area...Tokyo). Also Japan is not the U.S. when it comes to prices....it is expensive over here. Not sure what a dash will cost to remove untouched. I am sending you a picture of my bill when I had to get my sub assembly replaced (old unit on top of invoice) at the dealer. The price on the left is the part. The price on the right is for labor. Not bad for the price but again that is one part but with a guarantee. Me personally going used with all these parts would not be ideal....because you do not know if the item is working when you get it. Please see my bill below.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts

1. Hey Kadised.......Nasa One living in Japan, owner of 2 celica's (2001 SSII (Superstrut) and 2004 SSII w/action package) I can check here.....probably better to buy them new from the Toyota Kanagawa Dealerships. Let me check first and get prices then send you the original estimates for Toyota. I want to be transparent as possible.
    Well if u can help me get those parts or all parts i got 350 to the side for you

·
Registered
7 Posts
The parts initially in the original discussion (with Kadised) were for the items being brand new from the dealer not used. If used I have no guarantee that they would work since I have no idea if they had been tested or how many kilometers the car they were taken from had on it. (Basically throwing your money out the window) Since some items like a harness maybe easier to get if I can get my hands on a entire dash....it is still a difficult task becuase I need to be notified when one comes in (that is in my area...Tokyo). Also Japan is not the U.S. when it comes to prices....it is expensive over here. Not sure what a dash will cost to remove untouched. I am sending you a picture of my bill when I had to get my sub assembly replaced (old unit on top of invoice) at the dealer. The price on the left is the part. The price on the right is for labor. Not bad for the price but again that is one part but with a guarantee. Me personally going used with all these parts would not be ideal....because you do not know if the item is working when you get it. Please see my bill below.
Ok cool so what ill do is find out how much that is in usa dollars and tell u what tthat is and u just give me your japan prices and we can figure it out

·
Registered
13 Posts
I already know what it is when converted from Yen to Dollar. I checked other post that did the conversion and this is what you need. The items with a asterisk can be purchased in the U.S. (Toyota/Lexus Dealer) so you need to indicate what you need and what you don't need. Remember I am trying to get the parts new......not used. The only exception is the control plate which if used is easy to get (what color are your lights? green or amber? My advise is you need to do the math.....if one assembly (new) cost 9072 yen which is $82.86 cents with today's exchange rate. Your 350.00 does not go far..... First let me know what you are able to acquire yourself in the U.S. then we go from there.

Celica Auto Climate digital control unit set up

Parts Needed (below)

Control Plate

Wiring harness

Blower Controller/Resistor (87165‑41010)*

Mode Servo (87106‑20410)*

Mode Linkage

Temperature damper lever

Interior Temp Sensor (88790‑12020)*

After-Evaporator Temp Sensor (88625-20510)*

Solar Sensor (88625‑47031)*

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you! please keep me updated :)
Pulled this up from Itoaster ( the person who did an actual swap) please note that parts with an * next to it can be purchased in the U.S. I recommend you try and get those quotes or parts in the U.S. then I will try to get the quotes and parts only offered in Japan. In the mean time I am trying to see if someone can source me an entire dash untouched.....for now no has answered. Again it all comes down to has the connection to the right junk yard and the timing.

Control Plate
Wiring harness
Mode Linkage
Temperature damper lever
*=Available in USA as a Toyota/Lexus part

·
Registered
77 Posts
Regarding Itoasters guide:

1. Unfortunately he didn't specify that north American owners must scavenge off a EUDM celica LHD and they happen to be quite expensive and rare option.

2. All my parts came off JDM halfcut importer and I can say the RHD blower housing won't fit cause it is backwards.

3. Mode and temp servos are backwards however recirculate is universal if only there was a way to mount it to your manual blower housing, therfore it is useless.

4. The extirior temp sensor can be found on our 2003 or later canadian celica's. I can find you the USDM part number. If you need a second after evap sensor pick from any junk celica it's 30 bux at dealers.

5. It costs 100 for sensors except for interior temp will run you 30 bux and servos are about 300 CA. Assuming you have all the levers from the servos, harness, control plate, because those cannot be had in USDM part numbers.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I already know what it is when converted from Yen to Dollar. I checked other post that did the conversion and this is what you need. The items with a asterisk can be purchased in the U.S. (Toyota/Lexus Dealer) so you need to indicate what you need and what you don't need. Remember I am trying to get the parts new......not used. The only exception is the control plate which if used is easy to get (what color are your lights? green or amber? My advise is you need to do the math.....if one assembly (new) cost 9072 yen which is $82.86 cents with today's exchange rate. Your 350.00 does not go far..... First let me know what you are able to acquire yourself in the U.S. then we go from there.

Celica Auto Climate digital control unit set up

Parts Needed (below)

Control Plate

Wiring harness

Mode Linkage

Temperature damper lever

Ok cool give me some time but I will keep in touch I'm start with the * first and well go from there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have a complete digital climate control setup with full wiring harness, servos and all the sensors, let me know if someone is interested before it goes on ebay. Attaching photos.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts