NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Celica Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the air box and rubber hose from air box to throttle body for a GT-S. Also the throttle cable going from the cruise control module to the throttle body.

I live in the U.S. so that would be preferred as I had a great deal for an air box, but the shipping from Canada was not going to be worth it since for the same price I could have gotten an air box from eBay.

Thanks!

·
Let's hit the track!
69 Posts
Let me check the length on the cable between the GT and GT-S. I have both cars here and the GT cable is a spare. Will that work for you?

·
Celica Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going by what MWR is telling me. If you go on their website for an engine swap, they said you will need a cold air intake (that's probably because they want you to spend $100+ more on a worthless piece of bent aluminum), and a throttle cable (with or without cruise control, and that's an extra $90).

But then here in the forum I was told that the air box for both the GT and GT-S are the same, it's just the hose going from the throttle body to the air box that is a different length. And I don't know either about the throttle body cable if that's another unnecessary item, but then again it's MWR and I would think they would know this right?

But my air box the vacuum shaft to open and close the butterfly valve broke off and I had to rig it and don't like it because I still think there is a minor vacuum leak there. So might as well get a new one.

But I would be grateful to know if that is indeed the case about the air box / hose going to it and if the cable to the throttle body is different on a GT and GT-S (both with cruise control).

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts