NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I literally just bought the car over the weekend. 2000 Celica GTS with 120k on it. It seems as if the car was dropped from the rear only. I'm not sure what the stock height is supposed to be but there isn't much space in the rear wheel wells. I've posted a pictures below..

Now my question is that I'm looking to fix this and I don't know what I should do or be buying since I'm a newbie at this.

I'm not too comfortable with the car being so low to the ground. I'm not sure if the springs were cut or what but I'm assuming so. If the front hasn't been dropped then I think I'm going to hit up some junk yards for some rear springs and pop them in and be done with the ordeal. BUT I'm also considering swapping out all 4 shocks and springs for something this I found on Ebay:
Stagg SHS 4 Struts Shocks Springs Toyota Celica 00 to 05 | eBay

It states that the kit drops the car 1.4 inches over the stock height. I'm thinking this will actually lift my car from where it is now since 1.4 inches doesn't seem to be much.

What do you guys think? Is the coilover set on that ebay link any good? I've never heard of Stagg but $320 seems to be very cheap. But like I said if the front isn't lowered than I think I'll just get the stock coils and lift the rear back up to stock. I'm at a loss here. Any suggestions?

BTW anyone recommend any websites to shop for parts online?

Here's the front..

The back..

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Stagg works fine if you trying to bring it back to OEM height. But I heard it doesn't do well with lowering springs.

IMO, getting Coilover is the best way of going... You could adjust your height to your liking. Megan, BC, Ksport, Tein, etc.. Ebay works fine, just make sure the Vendors has good rating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stagg works fine if you trying to bring it back to OEM height. But I heard it doesn't do well with lowering springs.

IMO, getting Coilover is the best way of going... You could adjust your height to your liking. Megan, BC, Ksport, Tein, etc.. Ebay works fine, just make sure the Vendors has good rating.
Ohh. I was under the assumption that Stagg kit was coilovers lol. Well let's just say I do want to go back to stock height, that Stagg kit in the link comes with both shocks and coils. Is that all I would need?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I didn't click on the link... LOL Look like everything is good, Im just unsure about those springs. But it's probably better than what you are currently riding anyway.

320 + 50 for shipping isn't too bad.

and 1.4 drop compare to Stock height isn't too much of a different. Your not going to scrape or anything.. So you be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I didn't click on the link... LOL Look like everything is good, Im just unsure about those springs. But it's probably better than what you are currently riding anyway.

320 + 50 for shipping isn't too bad.

and 1.4 drop compare to Stock height isn't too much of a different. Your not going to scrape or anything.. So you be fine.
Thanks for the input man. Really appreciate it. I came from a Saab 9000 CSE. This is basically like starting fresh and knowing nothing.

I'm going to look into this Stagg brand and hopefully find some other Celica owners who have tried these.

Why are you unsure about the springs though?

EDIT:

The more I dig into the Stagg brand the more I don't want to try them lol. Do you recommend any shock/spring combo for someone on a budget like myself? I think a 1.4 inch drop is absolutely fine.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Why are you unsure about the springs though?
Because the springs posted is a no namer. I've use Tanabe DF210, NF210, Tien S, and Ksport coilovers. All those are pretty good IMO. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because the springs posted is a no namer. I've use Tanabe DF210, NF210, Tien S, and Ksport coilovers. All those are pretty good IMO. :)
The more I dig into the Stagg brand the more I don't want to try them lol. Do you recommend any shock/spring combo for someone on a budget like myself? I think a 1.4 inch drop is absolutely fine.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
KYB is the best strut replacment.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts