NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was going home from school and I was being flagged down by many people, they said my tail lights were out so I figured it was the fuse again and drove home. I checked the fuse and its fine. I've got no parking lights, tail lights or license plate lights. The hot side of the fuse has voltage but nothing works, I haven't checked the taillight relay yet but thats next on the list. Is there any other things that could be connected to this?

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2way help me out bud :thumbup:

I've isolated the problem to being from the fuse to the lights, most likely its shorter than that. I'm guessing something in the junction box, and hopefully not the body ECU.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,663 Posts
Relay is OK.. you have power to the TAIL fuse... which is after the relay... problem between fuse & lamps... do your markers in the front work?

Probably not the Body ECU... it just controls the relay.

Broken wire... probably... & you're right... probably up near the fuse box... if you have no front markers, too.

If it is just the rears... there is a junction connector... I think it's in the driver's side rear trunk panel... which joins the tails & the license lights.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea the jb at the rear isn't getting power. I don't have front lights installed but I haven't checked their sockets yet. I'm gonna guess its a no on them though. So that means the power is going in the block but not coming out..

·
15,663 Posts
Check the contacts where the fuse goes... sometimes they push out the back or lose their tightness.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man I bet thats it, I tore apart the whole car to redo my wiring anyways, I did notice however that the fuse I could just pop in and out with my hands, so how would i go about tightening? maybe wrap the blades of the fuse with a little foil before putting them in?

·
15,663 Posts
Small screwdriver or needlenose to adjust... or if you can pop it out of the rear of the box... you can retighten the tension easier & pop it back in... there is usually a small tab or 2 on them that hold them into the connector.

SickCelica696 said:
I don't have front lights installed but I haven't checked their sockets yet.
There should be cornering bulbs in the headlight assemblies. ;)

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I tightened it from the front and used a jumper just to test it, still nothing.

·
15,663 Posts
You'll have to trace back from there... do you have the cornering lamps or marker lamps in the front?.... if you do and any of them light... then the problem is between the front/rear split & the rear junction block. If the fronts don't light either... then the problem is probably right in the center console area somewhere... before the front/rear split off.

Divide & conquer.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fixed it! With the help of my dad (He's a head electrical engineer for the Navy Seals, that helped with knowledge..) we tracked down the gremlins and got it all working again. Not 100% sure of the cause but it had to do with junction block pins being messed up and the BCU etc etc. I've got pictures of the wiring madness for reference if anyone cares haha

·
15,663 Posts
SickCelica696 said:
Fixed it! With the help of my dad (He's a head electrical engineer for the Navy Seals, that helped with knowledge..)
:thumbup: Can Do Dad! If you ever go to a meet I'm @... you better bring the "salt" along...

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2way said:
SickCelica696 said:
Fixed it! With the help of my dad (He's a head electrical engineer for the Navy Seals, that helped with knowledge..)
:thumbup: Can Do Dad! If you ever go to a meet I'm @... you better bring the "salt" along...
Hah..it'll be awhile before I go north again. We'll see though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.