NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing really new on the car (except for the rotora slotted rotors and painted calipers, but you can't really see them anyways). It was a nice afternoon so I thought I would take some more pics. :)

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
baNanA_ryCe said:
a few more pictures please :D

lookin great as usual....
I actually took 62 photos (until my memorystick got full). The others either are too similar, or didnt make the cut. :D

and... Thanks!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You are one hell of a photographer! Not to take anything away from your ride, because your car is looking damn nice. Everytime I see your rims, I like them more and more. Very clean looking ride! btw, what camera did you use to take these pics?

-Richard

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
X-EVIL-X said:
your car looks sick.
one thing i notice in your pics is you only take pictures from the front or front side.
you dont like the back of your car much or the side?
your car looks pretty perfect!!!
I don't like the kaminari rear too much... It looks good from behind, but the slots on the sides bother me at 3/4 view and I hate the rear when looking at a side profile of my car. :D I really don't like the slots on each side of the rear bumper.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Did you ever take any photography classes? I always look forward to your pics because you do such a great job of presentation and backgrounds with them. The very first one you posted is my favorite.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WillyK said:
Did you ever take any photography classes? I always look forward to your pics because you do such a great job of presentation and backgrounds with them. The very first one you posted is my favorite.
No i didnt. I did start to take a b&w photo class, but we needed our own camera and I couldnt afford one at the time so I ended up dropping the class.

People always think its some sort of mystery how I take photos or something, but its really not. I'd say its pretty amateur. I think real photographers would yell "blasphemy" to my process. :D

Anyways, this is my unprofessional process: (for those who might be interested)

1. Good lighting. I take photos when its a sunny day. I heard that the best time to take dramatic lit shots is when the sun is rising and falling. I haven't been able to wake up early enough on a saturday to try this. :D

2. Watch where the shadows cast. You want a good amount of shadow and light on your car. Where it hits is more of a personal preference. I think the best lighting is when the sun is to the left or right of you and the car. If the sun is in front of you then obviously your car will come out kinda dark. And if the sun is behind you its a pain because your shadow usually casts right into the picture.

3. Study your cars angles. Every car has its good and bad angles. When your looking at your car through the viewfinder, think of it as a piece of artwork. Pay attention to the space around your car and also whats in the background. Photography is basically like setting up a painting. Even though everything is 3d, think of the shot as 2D (easier when looking through the view finder). Walk around your car with your eye in the viewfinder. Move the camera high and low and at slight tilts until you see a good shot.

4. Take a lot of photos. Don't take 6 shots of your car thinking they will all turn out good. I took 62 photos and these are the only ones that looked right.

Then I load all the images up on my computer and pull out all the best ones. I load those up into photoshop and adjust the colors, brightness, etc. The color-correcting step just takes time to get right. Once you practice it a lot, it just comes natural (although understanding of colors and color theory helps). The good thing is that adjusting the colors of car photos are much easier than correcting skin tones, for example.

That's about it. Believe it or not, I shoot everything in the auto settings because I don't have a steady hand and haven't purchased a tripod yet. One I get a tripod, I'll try to improve my initial shots which should make even better images.

And I could be wrong about a lot of things. That is just MY process. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts