NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group Lotus Fields Works Karting Effort
As part of a plan to spot future motor racing talent, Group Lotus has been the first car manufacturer to truly feature a presence in that most grassroots form of racing, karts.

For decades, some of the most notable stars of Formula 1, including former Lotus driver Ayrton Senna and more, recently the likes of Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel, all began their careers in karts, so the idea seems logical.

Further announcements regarding Lotus Racing Karts, will be made on February 14th during next year’s Autosport Show at Britain’s National Exhibition Centre near Birmingham, West Midlands.

That's pretty awesome.

·
Registered
826 Posts
That style of cart honestly scared the poo outa me until i got use to it. Even then i wasnt "fast" by any means. Its amazing how well they corner but they are so easy to break loose at the same time. Shawn could take turns flat out that i didnt have the balls to do at half throttle. He also spanked porsche 911s at VIR in his rental sentra .Pretty crazy.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
Its amazing how well they corner but they are so easy to break loose at the same time.
Reminds of back when I used to race at the Schiedam track in Holland. It was an indoor track with a sweeper that went outside the building. Used to take that flat out, until I pushed the kart beyond its limit and spun out and got t-boned. Had a sore hip for months after that.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Haha yep going flat out in karts = drifting fun. Its the only way to drive unless your really going for lap times.
Actually the officials didnt like the drifting so much so we started racing hard and then got warned we were driving too aggressively. wft its a race?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts