NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Im new to this forum so sorry if I put this in the wrong place or anything. I've had my Celica for about a year and ever since i got it, I have had a loud roaring noising coming from the rear. Is this normal or is something wrong?

Thanks,
-Omar

·
Registered
424 Posts
maybe its ur tailpipe :chuckles:, im just kidding, i just had to say that, sorry, but can u describe the noise? it would be helpful to know what it sounds like

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its just a loud roaring noise, do your cars have that? I have neer been in another Celica so I do not know if it is normal or not. When I reach highways speeds it is really loud, it just roars. Its constant and is there wheather i pres the gas or not. Someone told me it could be my bearing or something in the tire.
-Omar

·
Registered
60 Posts
Celicas really have no soundproofing??? mines loud on the highway too

·
Registered
903 Posts
soundproofing=more weight=bad

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
6speedGTS said:
In order to save weight the Celica has no soundproofing so you are hearing the tires (road noise), just turn up your radio. If it really bugs, you add some soundproofing material.
Actually the car has alot of sound deadening material. Just not in the area's needed for bass use. I don't hear much road noise at all.
TRDAzNSpEeDeR said:
soundproofing=more weight=bad
To a certain degree.. The amount of sound proofing needed to dampen a good portion of road noise like 2-3db would only be around 40-50lbs if that. Obviously if you care more about a comfy quiet ride than racing the weight wouldnt matter. But if you have a GT you mise well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts