NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how loud is the stock gts valve train supposed to be cause myn seems a little noisey and ive never miss-shifted or went over on an oil change!!! any ideas?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Mine chatters a little. It was louder until I changed to synthetic oil but ti's still loud compared to 3 years ago

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
Are you hearing this from the inside of your car? where exactly is the sound coming from? I had the same problem awhile back. The noise came from my glove compartment. Turns out that the cabin filter wasnt securely in... and missing the filter itself.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by Gas-n-Grease
Are you hearing this from the inside of your car? where exactly is the sound coming from? I had the same problem awhile back. The noise came from my glove compartment. Turns out that the cabin filter wasnt securely in... and missing the filter itself.
Ha!

I went to change mine some time back and it was gone too. Who is stealing these filters?

·
Registered
260 Posts
For some reason they don't come with the cabin filters even though there's a space, guess toyota wanted to save a couple bucks.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Originally posted by celica604
For some reason they don't come with the cabin filters even though there's a space, guess toyota wanted to save a couple bucks.
weight reduction ;)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
yes the celica does not come with a filter, most people go out to home depot a pick up some 3M filtering media and cut it to shape.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by All_MTR_GTS
weight reduction ;)
Ha! My celica is PHAT.

The driver is FAT.

:chuckles:

Beer is making me feel better. You're all right Matt.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Red01GTS said:
Ha! My celica is PHAT.

The driver is FAT.

:chuckles:

Beer is making me feel better. You're all right Matt.
hehe im qouting u on this one so its not deleted!!!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Red01GTS said:
Damn, I'm a poet and didn't even know it.
I'll cut you some slack and agree to this fact but I think maybe you should make a better rhyme next time ;)

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
Red01GTS said:
Ha!

I went to change mine some time back and it was gone too. Who is stealing these filters?
I'm guessing the Toyota Dealership. it was fine up until i brought my car in for a 60k at the beginning of this year. Either that, or it got sucked into vents.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Sounds like the clearances on your valves are a bit too high. If I remember right the GT-S uses a rocker arm so adjusting em shouldn't be too hard, probably have to mess around with some sort of adjustment screw.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by Da Kine Guy
Sounds like the clearances on your valves are a bit too high. If I remember right the GT-S uses a rocker arm so adjusting em shouldn't be too hard, probably have to mess around with some sort of adjustment screw.
Negatory.........each valve has its own shim........you have to get the right sized shims from toyota,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts