NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok what should i do to lower my compression ratio cause i wanna get the blitz or XS turbo kit and i dont wanna blow my engine cause of the ridiculous 11.5:1 ratio

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
if your doing that get the xs kit because the blitz kit is set to work with 11.5:1 ratio and i'm not sure if they will be releasing new pullies(right?) to up the boost on it to compensate for power lost from lowering the compression... with a turbo you can just start turning up the boost or whatever you want to do (although with XS kit you'll need to do some work first since the boost is already set by the wastegate I think)

·
Registered
62 Posts
The quickest and easiest way to lower compression is simply to get a thicker head gasket. That will put more space between the piston head and the valve openings. Or you could take your stock pistons and machine the face of the piston into a concave piston wich also will put more space and add valve clearence.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
VeilsideGTS00 said:
The quickest and easiest way to lower compression is simply to get a thicker head gasket. That will put more space between the piston head and the valve openings. Or you could take your stock pistons and machine the face of the piston into a concave piston wich also will put more space and add valve clearence.
Using a thicker head gasket will just cause problems, not a good idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.