NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to upgrade the tranny on my 01 GT-S this spring, I'm planing on getting a stage 2 clutch, probuby from ACT, a light weight flywheel, and a LSD from whatever manufacturer I can get one from. The reason is in the fall I'm buying the Blitz Supercharger. (If avalibale by then) So I'm figuring I need to upgrade the tranny to handle the added power and torque. Anyone have any suggestions on whitch manufaturers to get the best proformance from? This is stage two in my plans.

Stage one is almost complete. I've already got tons of stuff done in the interior, video unit, Guage and consoul led light change-over(red), and many other interior upgrades. Where I spend most of my time. (behind the wheel)

After stage two come the suspension and body upgades, any sugestions there? I'd like to get the invader body kit with custom exhaust. Coil-over supension (red spings) and the camber kit. But above all I'd like to stick with the stock rims cause I think they're bad ass. But get them powder coated. If that Decah kit ever comes out for the Celica I'll proubly get it, with shaved handles, rear wiper, and antena.

Do you guys think this plan will build a bad ass Celica GT-S? I never plan on selling or trading in my GT-S. This will be a goal for the next five years. If I have to, I'll buy some cheap import (honda) to get me around town.

Anything I'm missing? Opions welcome. (helpful only) (Flamers are ghey!!)

·
Registered
884 Posts
XS

I suggest you get the XS turbo instead of the Blitz Supercharger. Our cars dont' have extra power to be running a supercharger. And, if I remember correctly, the Blitz supercharger gives you 200 hp at the wheels? The XS turbo give like 240 at the wheels...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Upgrade ur gears too... Get some close gear ratio s.. from what i hear kaaz came out with some .. or phat chance getting c-one gears.. and yeah i think the turbo wld be fun but i think if u got gears and the ssupercharger it wld be a perfect setup... u dont need to much hp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts