NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i installed my eclipse CD3434 with the noise wiring mod to fix the altenator noise with the proper resistors210 ohms = 500mv. I now find that i need to increase the volume much higher than before the mod to have the music louder. Does the mod do this or did i use the wrong resistors? I think my cd player is 5v and my following the guide it said to use 211 ohms transistors but i used 200 ohms transistor instead. I'm just using the factory amp to pus my factory speakers, and have a 500/1 pushing a 10'w& sub. Do i need to buy a 4channel amp? and/or upgrade my components and coxials?
thanks

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,527 Posts
Resistors will lower the input level to the amp... the bigger questions are:
1) Are you getting an equivalent or higher output than with the stock?
2) Are you getting the sound level you want?

If the answer to either of those questions is no... then you'll be wanting to upgrade. If you go to a 4ch amp... you'll probably need to upgrade the stock speakers.. they aren't rated all that high.

You could also try playing with different resistances to find a balance between noise and audio output.

You might also verify whether your deck is in fact 5V... if it isn't... then the resistors you used would lower the level below desired.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts