NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Well with a buddy I got to lower the car. Just the front though with the TEIN 1.4 drop springs from WCT. Well we did the front and when we got to the back we couldnt even take the drum off the shock. The nut there wouldnt even come off....we tried up to 180 lb pressure and nothing. Is there anything I need to do when lowering the back, like compressing the springs or something. The front ones were pretty much touch and go but Im concerned if the back have to be compressed or anything like that.

Thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
oh man i had the same problem. if your trying to loosen the nut on the right side, DONT. it has a lock inside and won't come loose that way. you'll just be stripping the thread. we figured out the hard way when the wrench broke. you gotta loosen it on the left end then hammer the right side to the left and remove it like that. then when u put it back together hammer left to right. same for both sides. i have a GT by the way and installed the teins a week ago.

also, it might be harder getting the shock assembly in and out. you're gonna have to inprovise i guess cause theres little space to work with back there. i had someone heavy stand on the drum to push it down while i tried to get the schock assembly out. definately not easier than the front. oh and theres no use compressing the springs while its still on the car. cause you need to access both sides of the springs, plus i dont see how it could help anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts