NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i want to lower my car about .5 inches in the front and 1.5inches in the rear. what should i get to accomplish that?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
coilovers.... the least drop (sping kits)that i have seen for our cars is 1.2 inches. Tokico and TRD(i think). If you want different drops for front and rear you need to get coliovers. If you dont wanna spend money on a full coliover kit then go ahead and get the sleeve kits (skunk2 and GC). They will be bouncy though. My sknuk2s used to make "clunk" noises when going over bumps, but i wraped duct tape (thanks to a member in the form) around my shocks to minimise the sound. Someone correct me if im wrong about this answer.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
S|Lv3rBu||et said:
Mmmm, coilovers might be overkill for such a conservative drop. I'd say you'd be pleased with TRD or Tien springs.
1.5 isnt bad of a drop to really worry too much about scraping (if thats what your concernd about). And you shoulnt worry too much about wearing out your shocks (it will wear a little faster than stock hieght, just not as fast as if you have it slamed to the ground).

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
I don't think many, if any, real coilovers have a minium drop of under 1.5". The strut bodies are already shorter than stock, so that's what makes the minimum drop so low. Maybe contact Eibach and see how much it would cost to get custom springs done. They already make 3 sets of springs for the Celica, so they won't have to do any extra research. Though .5" up front and 1.5" in the rear will make the front end look raised. Hotchkis is 1.4" up front and 1.9" in the rear, and the car looks pretty level as is.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I have my coliovers set right in the middle. I figured that since the maximum drop for the Skunk2s are 3 inches then setting it half way would make it 1.5 inches. Is this correct. Im still trying to save my shocks so they will at last me at least another year. I drive in some very good roads and always stay away from the ****ty ones. If they blow, im just going to have to get a full coilover set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts