NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
52,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LS1 Powered Honda S2000

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7e1T-9I3xKA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BNLrNhT9yPs" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Just click on the source to see the build from start to finish.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
very very very old....

·
you dun goofed
2,164 Posts
What really bothers me is that they went with an LS1 instead of an LS2. The LS2 is a much better motor... is it due to clearance issues? Warranted, someone could just as easily turbocharge the F22 that's already in there to get similar numbers for probably half the cost, but where's the novelty in that? Nice car.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
No boosted F22 will be able to match the torque or the torque curve of an LS1.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
umm...LS1's WON'T make 700 whp on stock parts....the F20/F22 has...So to hell with all your torque curve BS...horsepower is going to cock slap it

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
horsepower is going to cock slap it at the quarter mile.

torque is far more important for road racing, autocross, and daily driving - or rather, torque delivered in the RPM range where you want to use it.

the reason people go with the LS1 over the LS2 is probably due to the fact that a used LS1 costs about half what a used LS2 goes for.

that said, I love the F2xC series. Rev to the moon, bulletproof inside, relatively lightweight and they come in one of my favorite cars to drive.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
i had a chance to buy one 8 months ago before this was in the mag, in fact it sold the day this mag came out. its an awesome lil swap IMO i wish i could of bought it, mmmm he wanted cheap for it as well.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
Tweaks my head to hear the ls1 but see the s2000. Like the vid is dubbed. Nice build.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts