NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, since no transmission shop want to deal with me transmission since it is a 6th speed i had to install the lsd myself. i can tell is not that difficult of a job, the only problem is taking the gear out of it. I already broke the 6th gear and the 6th driven gear, and that is by using the right tool for it, even the people from the transmission shop told me that those gears and bearing were so hard to pull out that if they try any more they would brake them, that is why they didnt wanna work on it. so i decided to give it a shot. and just like they said, those freaking gears broke. and my question is this,, since i dont wanna destroy the whole thing, how can pull out the 5th gears, first there is no space for the gear puller to grab them and i really dont want to be braking any more gears.

does anyone know the part # for the 6th gear and the 6th driven gear. the dealer by where i live dont wanna give it to me.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Why in God's name did you try pulling off the gears? You could have just split the case and popped the diff right out. I posted that in the other thread you made about this. You've created yourself an extremely expensive problem now. You need the special Toyota tools to pull those gears without breaking them (or custom made tools that duplicate the Toyota ones). That's why 99% of shops refuse to pull apart C60's. If you want the part numbers for the gears, call a Toyota dealer and give them the VIN off the transmission.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Yeah the 6th is a bitch to remove. The rest are fine though. When they did install my LSD, they did brake my 6th gear (both gears) and replace it at their charge (I think they actually claimed toyota canada but this isn't my buisiness).

I did not know it was not necessary to remove the 6th to do the LSD though. A bit late for me but good to know!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yes those gears are a bitch but i had to learn from my mistakes somehow. now i know better. well I already had the case split in 2 and the lsd is ready to be install i just need to wait until the new gear arrive.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have everything put together in the tranny, now i have this problem and until i solve it i cannot install the tranny in the car.
b4 i close the differential case everything is fine (everything rotates) but once i close it up even with the shifter pins align and everything, i cannot rotate anygear or anything is like something still not right but i cannot tell what it is. did anyone had this problem b4.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the mrs lsd and the 2 bearing the inner and the outer bearing were install by a transmission shop.
b4 i close the differential case the only thing that i have to align is the reverse shift arm bracket , one side goes in between the grooves of a gear and the other side goes to an arm with a pin, is there anything else?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
never mind i got it. it just happened that b4 put everything back together the shifters have to be in neutral.

·
Registered
317 Posts
ha was goin to say make sure all are in the right slots for neautral happened me on my first go but passed my mind thought it was something to do with the lsd but sure happy motoring

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.