NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far there are 4 of us that are interested in doing this. SpeedeeGTS, Ginyu-GTS, SilverBullet and I. So you guys want to do this on May 3rd? I can go ahead and buy the cans of the vinyl dye and you guys can pay me when we meet up. I think it costs $3 a bottle and probably 10 bottles per car. So roughly $30-35. I am pretty sure we can get this done fast. I can find out how long it usually takes to dry and how long it usually takes to finish the entire car.

Do any of you guys have a driveway or a lot?

·
Registered
605 Posts
i'm down, maybe we can use the parking lot at my work? its huge and its dead on the weekends? i might have to ask if its ok with the executive park ppls...so not sure....

anyone know exactly how to do the vinyl job?

GTS-6

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do you work? What city? The vinyl dye is basically spray paint. Takes about 3 coats and it dries fast. I'm sure we can get this done in about 3-4 hrs. Most of the work will be taking off and putting back the parts.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Burlington isn't too far from where I live. So that would be cool if we can do it there. Try to find out ASAP if it's cool if we can hang out there Saturday for about 4 hrs.

I don't think those colors will go well for an interior. Maybe do a combo like black and then use blue, red or silver accents.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, then I guess it's all set then, just us 3 will be doing it so far.

So lets meet up on May 3rd at 10am. Hopefully we can use GINYU's parking lot. I'm gonna buy some vinyl dye and try to do the door sills and see how that comes out this weekend.

SpeedeeGTS, are you confident that you can remove and put back all the interior pieces?

·
Registered
605 Posts
ya i guess i'll do flat black for most of the interior but i want some color for my center console...i'm leaning towards red or silver...

and ya speedeegts, please confirm that u r positive about taking apart and reinstalling the interior pieces since thats the part that worries me most... =\

GTS-6

1 - 20 of 75 Posts