NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I am driving around yesterday, get off the highway and my car starts dying with the rpms acting all weird. Figure maybe its something with the gas because i was 2 lights from empty. Barely make it into a gas station, fill up and its getting better. Keep going on my way to blockbuster (got the 15$ unlimited rentals going) and it dies some more on the way. Its fine up past 4k rpm but under that its really hard to get it to increase rpms at all. Then it gets to the point where it wont get above 2krpm at all. I am mystified by this pont. Pull over and open the hood. The freaking maf was hanging halfway out of the cai. Screws were gone. SO i ziptied it on and it was good to go. New screws from toyota set me back a good 2$. This happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant get to anything on it right now because all my tools are in the midst of a personal property move from pensacola right now.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
same thing happened to me. i had that 'ish ductaped forever. then finally found some screws that fit... toyota part dealers around here dont stock sh't.

·
Registered
302 Posts
well i have kinda same problem and i was looking for answers here. my maf is in its place and firm, the thing is that when the engine is cold, like in morning, havent runned for a good while, once i started it the rpm gets weird. response sucks, its kinda like chokes when u try to get it up, but once the engine heats up a little its all fine again.
so **** maybe my maf sensor is ****ed? i thought about air filter being dirty and stuff, but i had cleaned that and it did no effect.
this gets really annoying

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Originally posted by Svirdulys
well i have kinda same problem and i was looking for answers here. my maf is in its place and firm, the thing is that when the engine is cold, like in morning, havent runned for a good while, once i started it the rpm gets weird. response sucks, its kinda like chokes when u try to get it up, but once the engine heats up a little its all fine again.
so **** maybe my maf sensor is ****ed? i thought about air filter being dirty and stuff, but i had cleaned that and it did no effect.
this gets really annoying
me to! me to! :applaud:
any ideas what this could be? dirty MAFS maybe? blue? red? wait a minute... isn't EasyC's car white???:wtf:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine has always done that but more so with the aem cai. I think its just a really cold engine. It goes away as soon as it warms up the slightest bit right?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
well something sort of like that happened to me....

was out testing my car hitting lift into 2nd when I hit a bump in the road and all of a sudden my rpms drop as I keep on gassing it to pull over and then my car dies and I think oh no what did I break. I take a look and the Injen CAI came apart where the rubber meets the metal. Big sigh, a few more turns than usual with the screwdriver and then I'm off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts