NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CEL came on not too long ago and had it checked out at autozone, came up as P071 i think which alot of people say on this forum to start with the maf, is there a sticky or can somebody post a detailed description of how to clean it out or do the repairs.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
how hard can it be to clean?? unhook the neg. battery terminal..remove the maf, get the mass air sensor cleaner or brake cleaner w/out chloride..spray the maf inside and out..especially the amber tear drop sensor and inside the maf tube..shake off the excess cleaner and let air dry..install maf, put battery terminal back...start it up..done..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, easy if you have done it before, i never had to worry about the maf in my old vehicle so i had no idea where to look, anyway figured it out

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not mean to offend, I am a respectful person, but you came off a bit condescending. I appreciate the advise and the guide you posted, and due to lack of clarity on my end, I failed to mention I was mainly concerned to where it was located/ what it looked like. I had a good idea on what to clean and the cleaner to use.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
..especially the amber tear drop sensor and inside the maf tube..shake off the excess cleaner and let air dry..install maf, put battery terminal back...start it up..done..
um no, the amber tear drop thingy is the air temp sensor, and its located on the outside of the tube.

there is a thread on how to do this with pics, i think its by Boosted2.0

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
um no, the amber tear drop thingy is the air temp sensor, and its located on the outside of the tube.

there is a thread on how to do this with pics, i think its by Boosted2.0
Alright, confused now:confused: Gonna look for that thread by boosted. Anyhow, before any replies i did find the teardrop looking piece and did clean that. I guess I will have to look for the maf censor now?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
try a Search next time or check out the Newbie zone and Welcome aboard!

BTW, stay out of SoCal Regional Forums :scared:....j/p :)
I did check out the newbie zone, but they were all noobs with no input :shrugs:
I also used the search quite a bit, which is why I decided to start with the maf.
Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
i looked thru a couple of how to in the pass and some said to also spray down the amber tear drop a long with the sensor circuit inside the maf's tube..i did that for the pass couple of years now..if i'm not suppose to do that, then i'm pretty screwed..if not now then in the long run..

thing is, after i took the maf off for the first time to clean it, that tear drop were pretty bad..it formed a thin coating on it..so i took a cotton swap to it after i spray it down..ever since then, whenever i clean mine i hose everything down at once or twice..to make sure all the dirt are off..

that's y i said it was simple..didn't mean to come out bad to u OP..my bad.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i looked thru a couple of how to in the pass and some said to also spray down the amber tear drop a long with the sensor circuit inside the maf's tube..i did that for the pass couple of years now..if i'm not suppose to do that, then i'm pretty screwed..if not now then in the long run..

thing is, after i took the maf off for the first time to clean it, that tear drop were pretty bad..it formed a thin coating on it..so i took a cotton swap to it after i spray it down..ever since then, whenever i clean mine i hose everything down at once or twice..to make sure all the dirt are off..

that's y i said it was simple..didn't mean to come out bad to u OP..my bad.
no worries

1 - 11 of 11 Posts