NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i did lots of searching on the magnaflow exhaust and i haven't really find anything on it. most people have the custom muffler but i am very curious about the axle back system for the gts. does anyone have one and tell me how it sounds and the gains?. unforunately, the magnaflow website doesnt have the sound clip on the celica but they do for other cars. is it because the magnaflow axle back is not popular on our cars?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that sucks man, because im hesitant to buy it since there arent really any reviews for it. i figured the magnaflow exhaust was decent priced so ill go consider getting it. but now..i dunno anymore

·
Registered
418 Posts
I too was considering it. I hear Magnaflow mufflers suggested every time a custom exhaust question is posed. www.PRacing.com has it for $382 shipped right now. I say get it and try it out. If you do be sure to post back with a review and pics or sound clips. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i get it, ill definitey post reviews and pics up. But for now, im looking into other alternatives. the thing is that i dont feel like paying 5-6 bills for an exhaust since im kinda low on cash. I'll let you know of any updates. but for those that are reading this and have the axle back, please help us out and post some feedback. thanksss

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
Appears very similar to the TPR... which used a magnaflow muffler....but the Magnaflow version seems to use a smaller muffler & is mounted slightly different. I have the TPR... which I like...there are some members here that have the Magnaflow... maybe they'll be able to answer you directly.. otherwise... hit the search button.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've been looking at this exhaust as well, but there are no sound clips to be found.

I found one on ebay from performancepeddler.com and they said they would sell it to me for $362 shipped.

I know that everyone on this site says the custom magnaflow setup sounds really good, so you would think that the exhaust kit from magnaflow would sound about the same. The only thing that worries me is that the magnaflow website has no sound clips for the celica.

The exhaust sounds really nice on some of the I-4 cars (rsx sounds good, so does the miata) but some of the others sound like ass (pontiac vibe, civic, etc.) I don't want to buy an exhaust that is gonna make me hate the way my car sounds...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey zer0,
i decided to get the invidia system. i was doing searches and there are alot more feedback for invidia than the magnaflow axle back. also sounds pretty good. just ordered it from hopupracing for 379 shipped. not too bad at all. ill keep yah updated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got the MagnaFlow exhaust on my GT. I heard a lot of good things about it so I decided to take a chance. I don't regret it one bit. I love the way it sounds. It is not obnoxiously loud, and it isn't soft either, it's just right. It has a deep tone to it and makes the car sound pretty tough. It looks good too. Everyone that hears it likes it and compliments the way it sounds, they're really impressed when I tell them it's a MagnaFlow. I'll see if I can post some pics and sound clips.

·
Registered
61 Posts
2KGTinLA said:
I got the MagnaFlow exhaust on my GT. I heard a lot of good things about it so I decided to take a chance. I don't regret it one bit. I love the way it sounds. It is not obnoxiously loud, and it isn't soft either, it's just right. It has a deep tone to it and makes the car sound pretty tough. It looks good too. Everyone that hears it likes it and compliments the way it sounds, they're really impressed when I tell them it's a MagnaFlow. I'll see if I can post some pics and sound clips.
Thanks for replying 2KGT. If you could get some sound clips that would be awesome.

I am saving for the magnaflow exhaust as well, I figure it looks like the TRD exhaust and everyone says the magnaflow muffler sounds really good, so I don't see how it could sound bad.

I will be getting it in a month or two and when I do I plan on making some sound clips if nobody has gotten around to it. I'll even send one to magnaflow so they can put it on their site.

·
15,530 Posts
2KGTinLA said:
It is not obnoxiously loud, and it isn't soft either, it's just right. It has a deep tone to it and makes the car sound pretty tough.
Yeah, the TPR w/the Magnaflow muffler is the same way.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so yea guys, i emailed magnaflow directly about the possibilty of having them post up sound clips and dyno charts for the axle back system. i told them many members from this forum are intersted and they said if i can provide a link of celica members being interseted in the performance of the exhaust, they will speed up the process of posting clips on their site. so this will be the link im gonna forward to them. holla back on this thread if you wanna see clips!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am interested. Been "casually" searching for an exhaust for a while now, so a sound clip/ect would be great in swaying my decision toward them.

·
15,530 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Ill keep you guys posted. Magnaflow will be sending me one so that they can record some sound clips of my car for their website. Yes my car is super charged but I can have it run N/A by not activating the super charger.

I'll let you guys know once I recieved it. They are in back order but wll ship it out once they have one instock.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Definitely measure the piping diameter when you get it. I know the one dynoed on a GT-S back in the day was only 2.25", which is why the power gain was so small.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
VoodooTRD said:
Ill keep you guys posted. Magnaflow will be sending me one so that they can record some sound clips of my car for their website. Yes my car is super charged but I can have it run N/A by not activating the super charger.

I'll let you guys know once I recieved it. They are in back order but wll ship it out once they have one instock.
Damn Vergel did they already pick you? I just barely sent out my e-mail! :sadpace:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts