NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, (wasnt quite sure which forum to put it in so stuck it in the newbie forum)

Just bought some 6 x 9's and as always they are ugly and boy racery but it will greatly improve the crappy sound system that the celica comes with. (i think mine is the lower spec sound system)

i just wondered if anyone on here has done a stealth shelf and has any tips for me as im going to get working on it on sunday.

Ive already bought the felt im going to use to cover them and the mdf is at my disposal but ive been told that if i dont do it right then the felt sag around the middle because of the change in shape.

Thanks for any tips as any type of modification its safe to say ive got less than any clue.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Have you tried searching around in the Audio, Electrical & Security sections? May have something useful there.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I don't have a clue what a stealth shelf is or what you are planning to make.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
if you are replacing stock speakers get the right size. 6.5 inch

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"I don't have a clue what a stealth shelf is or what you are planning to make"

A stealth shelf is a modified parcel shelf so that speakers in the back are mounted on MDF wood screwed beneath so that passers by that wouldnt mind breaking my back window and taking them cant see them.

I need to also cut a hole in the parcel shelf and recover it in a different softer fabric.

my celica does not have any speakers in the rear as its still optional to have either the 6 or 9 speaker system in the uk Premium celica pack. I didnt actually check whilst buying the car i just assumed it would be the top spec sound system toyota offered....my fault really i was just too eager to take it home at the time.

Never mind il have a go at taking a few photos in a bit to give everyone a clue as to what im after.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
The parcel shelf is way too flimsy. It would be best to just buy some 6.5 and mount them behind the rear panels, no one will be able to see them from outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.