NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
it's not hard
it bolts right up you just need to find the tranny.

i was gonna do this when mitch got his 6spd, I was gonna take his 5 spd and convert mine.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hrmm...so where do i start? should I get parts from toyota, or are there other places to get?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Auto-->6spd swap

I didn't read through the whole thing but I remember seeing about 5 to 6 threads about a detail instruction on what you need and how to do it, a couple of months ago on the boards here. Try using the search. Also you do need a manual ECU.

·
Registered
405 Posts
yea you do need a manny ecu and you need to cut a whole in the firewall for the clutch cable but I think that's the hardest part.

I wouldn't buy it new, I would just get a used one. it's a lot fo parts but it's not that hard if you know what your doing. It also helps if you got a impact wrench.

·
Banned
751 Posts
If u get a used one...be careful...someone might have abused it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Originally posted by Taesup
yea you do need a manny ecu and you need to cut a whole in the firewall for the clutch cable but I think that's the hardest part.

I wouldn't buy it new, I would just get a used one. it's a lot fo parts but it's not that hard if you know what your doing. It also helps if you got a impact wrench.
You mean the shifter cables ;) since the clutch is hydraulic.

·
Registered
405 Posts
haha that's right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts