NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got swingfixers final map off my laptop and have it available for anyone with my harness to run the Power FC on a DBW car. The idle settings are perfect and the VVTi is set very nicely for a 5800 RPM lift transition. Please keep in mind this is a fully tuned map NOT a basemap. This is safe to use for starting and idling on stock injectors but not safe for anything besides that. You will need to richen all the higher load points and pull out a few degrees of timing from the higher load areas and then slowly pull fuel out and put timing back in.

Anyone that loads it and runs it as-is will get what they deserve for being an idiot.

The map was tuned on a car with an AEM CAI, de-cat, straight pipe and RSR straight through exhaust.

If you have my harness and want the map just drop me a PM with your e-mail address.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Would this benifit me to simply test the PFC when I get your harness to install the PFC? I understand its a N/A map and I am goin to be goin F/I. I jujt want to to install the PFC and make sure thats workin prior to goin any further on the install.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would this benifit me to simply test the PFC when I get your harness to install the PFC? I understand its a N/A map and I am goin to be goin F/I. I jujt want to to install the PFC and make sure thats workin prior to goin any further on the install.

Yep - if you're still stock you should be able to unplug the battery for 10
minutes, plug in the harness and power FC, hook the battery back up, load this map prior to starting, and then the car should start and idle fine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't know anything about what kind of maps come in the PFC. Is there a "basemap" programmed into it that eould allow me to take the car for a drive?
When I did the power commander on my bike it was simply install it & load up a map for the upgrades and away I went, so to speak.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No such animal. The 2ZZ basemap will probably run worse than this one.

Like I said - go into all the high load areas and add a bunch of fuel and removing timing and then just watch your knock while you drive.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
You know damn well nobody is ever going to modify that map :chuckles: I'm actually pretty surprised you're giving it away free of charge.

·
Registered
264 Posts
lol, naaa, I'll do the safe thing as you suggested first off, use it to start it not to drive, lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm goin to be reading the threads you guys have made up on tuning, but I don't think I would trust myself to do it, and ya if you want a few extra bucks for the map its no biggie, I understand the work that you guys do is time consuming to say the least and you guys should get a donation for what you do. To guys like me, you Smaay, Jesse, you guys ARE in fact Newcelica.org, and guys like me wouldn't have a hope in hell in modding their cars if it wasn't for your knowledge, basically everything I've learned about my engine, is directly from this site!!

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I understand the work that you guys do is time consuming to say the least and you guys should get a donation for what you do.
The concept of a message board to me is that you "donate" your knowledge and in return you get the knowledge of other people. I've learned a ton about building engines from my many conversations with Boosted. He has far more hands-on experience than I'll ever hope to have.

·
Registered
264 Posts
But none the less Jesse, if it wasn't for you guys, where would I be??? I just hope you guys do know that your knowledge is in fact appreciated and when you people talk, others listen.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally I've been bugging you for that for months
Yeah I know - I'm very forgetful. Thankfully the other day I stumbled across my laptop and I was like "oh yeah - thats what I've been forgetting to do"

Sorry about the wait :D

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know damn well nobody is ever going to modify that map :chuckles: I'm actually pretty surprised you're giving it away free of charge.
I lost so much on that project I'm just really greatful to have a couple people buy the damn things. No need to gouge them for a tune as well - the time I spent on it was part of my deal with Swingfixer for getting to use his car as a guinnea pig

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Well now I don't feel so bad about giving away your map to someone a few weeks ago. I had given him one of my old maps a long time ago and was not comfortable with it being in his car. So I gave him whatever Swingfixer map you had given me before. Not sure if its the same map yu're giving out now.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dunno. I'll send you the newest one though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I got swingfixers final map off my laptop and have it available for anyone with my harness to run the Power FC on a DBW car. The idle settings are perfect and the VVTi is set very nicely for a 5800 RPM lift transition. Please keep in mind this is a fully tuned map NOT a basemap. This is safe to use for starting and idling on stock injectors but not safe for anything besides that. You will need to richen all the higher load points and pull out a few degrees of timing from the higher load areas and then slowly pull fuel out and put timing back in.

Anyone that loads it and runs it as-is will get what they deserve for being an idiot.

The map was tuned on a car with an AEM CAI, de-cat, straight pipe and RSR straight through exhaust.

If you have my harness and want the map just drop me a PM with your e-mail address.
Any chance you still have that map? It’s been a lot of years but life has finally calmed down enough where I can finish this thing.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,635 Posts
boomer101,
I suggest that you call, email, or try his shop's Facebook page. He hasn't logged in here since Mar 5, 2018.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts