NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my friends has an 03 6s. (he just blew his engine cause he waited 7000miles before he changed his oil :idiot: ) he found an engine with 3000 miles for 1700 and he wants to race me when he gets it. whatdya think? i'm stock. he's stock. both cars manual. do i have a chance? all the #'s i've seen lean towards the mazda.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
You will walk him easily if you can drive decently.

·
Registered
154 Posts
00silverGTS6spd said:
convince him to race from an 80 mph roll :chuckles: and hope he doesnt realize his car is governed. you'll beat him easily :rofl:
How pathetic, but i guess you do what you have to do when you drive a torqueless wonder.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Originally posted by 03SilverGTS
How pathetic, but i guess you do what you have to do when you drive a torqueless wonder.
I guess you cant take a joke. on a dyno they put down about the same as an I/E gts but they weigh significantly more. driven properly the gt-s could win :)

If I was in his position I wouldnt need to ask cause I already know what the outcome would be :gap:

you seem like you want to get on my bad side. Run a 14.7 - 14.9 in your stock celica and I'll consider giving anything you say an ounce of credibility. until then you should be seen not heard ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
00silverGTS6spd said:
I guess you cant take a joke. on a dyno they put down about the same as an I/E gts but they weigh significantly more. driven properly the gt-s could win :)

If I was in his position I wouldnt need to ask cause I already know what the outcome would be :gap:

you seem like you want to get on my bad side. Run a 14.7 - 14.9 in your stock celica and I'll consider giving anything you say an ounce of credibility. until then you should be seen not heard ;)
The Mazda 6 puts down 220 hp to the crank and the Celica puts down 180hp. There is no way in hell that they dyno near the same, and one thing the 6 has is a major tq advantage, the edge goes to the 6.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
The Mazda 6 puts down 220 hp to the crank and the Celica puts down 180hp. There is no way in hell that they dyno near the same, and one thing the 6 has is a major tq advantage, the edge goes to the 6.

Yea, but man. REGARDLESS of the power, it DOES run mid to semi low 15's. Its heavy. The GTS will own it. As an eclipse GTS would as well.

Originally posted by 00silverGTS6spd

his 03silvergts is an eclipse Mike:gap:

·
Registered
767 Posts
03SilverGTS, this is the same guy that said he as been at the boards since it started, but never register until now...and he owns a 03 from his sn...

dam dude.. learn to take a joke....

My mom also own's a 2001 maxima and it puts out 222 horse...but noway it is smoking my 6 spd..that thing is a tanks...weight makes a difference...its all about power to weight ratio...and you should know that...

·
Registered
457 Posts
There isn't a chance the 6 will win. Period. ~3300 lb curb weight and the manuals barely put down 170-180 to the wheels. They're nice cars but not worth a run with a GT-S 6spd.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by CelicaGTSRacer

My mom also own's a 2001 maxima and it puts out 222 horse...but noway it is smoking my 6 spd..that thing is a tanks...weight makes a difference...its all about power to weight ratio...and you should know that...
Tho a maxima wont smoke your 6 speed. They ARE rated at a 14.7

Originally posted by veilsideceli
There isn't a chance the 6 will win. Period. ~3300 lb curb weight and the manuals barely put down 170-180 to the wheels. They're nice cars but not worth a run with a GT-S 6spd.

Tho I hear this often, I cant see why a 6 speed manual would lose more than 15 %

·
Registered
154 Posts
And im sorry about the 6, you guys are right. I checked out a dyno for that thing and it sucks, that car is over rated with the 220 hp claim.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
You will walk him easily if you can drive decently.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
The prev gen max with 222hp should be dead on with a Celica GTS. I would give the edge to the max off the line tho.
This is true. We just dont hear much because the car isnt really raced.

And im sorry about the 6, you guys are right. I checked out a dyno for that thing and it sucks, that car is over rated with the 220 hp claim.
I beleve it IS over rated.

huh???
huh?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
The mazda 6 shouldn't be considered being able to race a gts. 6 cylinders or wathever, the 6 hasn't much of a sport car. Weight does matter. Same goes to handling caracteristics. Plus, this car doesn't really pull IMO. from what I've seen at the least. Kindda like all those heavy american cars with 6 cylinders that doesn't really pull (not to generalize, not all are like that). Yes, they have torque and are easy to drive. Yes, most people want hem. But, I admit, there face are priceless when you walk on hem easily with a little NA 4 banger. By their faces, you know they thought they would be able to compete. Hope to see more easy kill like that on the streets hehe!!

If your not able to pull a mazda 6 in a gts, you don't diserve a gts. Period.

Peace!!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.