NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time I started thinking about what to get my woman.

After we get married we are getting rid of her craptastic Impala. (I like it actually) Eitherway, the next car she gets, we have decided that it is going to be shared more than her car is now becuase she was the reason why I got the Celica (WTF did I listen to her).

Anyway, I was considering the Mazda6, preferably a wagon version. I love the 3's, but I can get a 6 with a V6 for less than a used 3 hatch. With a wagon, we can keep it for a while and not have to worry about space.

What is the consensus on the 6? Im yet to drive one, but I have ridden in one. How's the handling, comparable to the 3 (but more weight)? I like the way they look, definetly one of the better looking and priced mid-size wagons. How is the power of the V6? I know its only around 220 or so, but is there enough torque? Either way, Im going to be driving it the most.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I like the 6....the wagon not so much...id get a wrx wagon if you are going that route

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I like the mazda 6 with the body kit. From what I heard they have a little bit of pickup, plenty or room, and they look real good. I say go for it

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vtroid5 said:
I like the 6....the wagon not so much...id get a wrx wagon if you are going that route

Why is a Boosted 4-door AWD wagon everybody's suggestion.

Yes it would be cool to have one. No, I don't need the power, and no I don't need AWD.

And it is one of the ugliest cars on the road IMHO. Not to be a douche or anything, but seriously, why drive a lemming car?

·
Registered
288 Posts
good power, the awd is nice to have, and i agree the brand new ones look like crap but i think the body style just prior to that doesnt look half bad.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vtroid5 said:
good power, the awd is nice to have, and i agree the brand new ones look like crap but i think the body style just prior to that doesnt look half bad.

The prior Body style still looks like Sh1t. I hate the Impreza's, I would however get a legacy, but I dont want to chance a used subaru.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Had a 6 as a rental car and I loved it. Handling felt like I was in a 4 door Celica. :thumbup: Nice interior quality and comfortable seats. I had a 4cyl auto, but it still had a decent amount of power.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blue Bomber said:
Had a 6 as a rental car and I loved it. Handling felt like I was in a 4 door Celica. :thumbup: Nice interior quality and comfortable seats. I had a 4cyl auto, but it still had a decent amount of power.

I was contemplating getting a Ford Fusion a while back. Drove very nicely, basically a Mazda6 in ford clothes.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
personally i dont like just the regular mazda 6..if anything id get the mazda Speed 6..and dont get a wagon..i test drove one and they have so much room in it you really dont have to worry about it..and its AWD so you can use it in the winter and not really have to worry about much..i dont like the 3's at all because they look like bubbles driving on the road

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yea, get a Mazdaspeed6 and the minute the car gets slightly warm kiss half your hp and tq goodbye. Due to major design flaws the car tends to overheat very quickly and go into "limp" mode. Something about tuning and putting a TMIC w/o adding any way to move air to the IC.

I would just stick with the Mazda6/Ford Fusion hatch. It is a nice looking car, gets decent gas mileage and seems more dependable than its brethren(sp?). OR get an 05-06 used Legacy 2.5i. Subarus are utterly dependable even as a used car.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
6 is a very competent front wheel driver, mazda always sorts their chassis out right - hell, even their minivan handles better than most sports sedans on the market.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
celigirl88 said:
and dont get a wagon..i test drove one and they have so much room in it you really dont have to worry about it..
I want the space in the rear to store taller things. With us buying a house soon, I figure we will need to haul plenty of big things.

celigirl88 said:
and its AWD so you can use it in the winter and not really have to worry about much..i dont like the 3's at all because they look like bubbles driving on the road

Look at my location, I have absolutely no need for AWD. And I don't really like the boosted 2.3l, too many bad reviews, its a solid N/A engine.

The only problem I am finding is that they are incredibly rare. I found a V6 one at carmax the month before I bought my car, but I haven't seen any since, and they don't make them anymore.

·
Registered
288 Posts
v-6 dodge magnum?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts