NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was my really cocky friend who thinks his stock boost 300zx with cams will kill any 4 banger, so im like aight lets roll!

we go out to this 1/4 road near our school, i give 3 honks, launch and 3.5k and im on my way, i got a half car from the start and just slowly pulled away after that, ended up like 2-2.5 cars ahead at the end of the race, he tried to make excuses that his waste gate came off, but everyone there heard his turbo and bov going off so thats a bunch of BS, first kill since i got my car running right, hurray for me!...didnt even need to use my bottle

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
NICE KILL!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I think 88's had no intercooler. Here's some specs I found online:
Engine SOHC V-6
Displacement 2960 CC
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
(turbo) 7.8:1
Fuel System Multi-Point Electronic
Fuel Injection
Horsepower (SAE) 160 BHP @5,200 RPM
(turbo) 200 BHP @5,200 RPM
Torque 174 FT-Lbs @4,000 RPM
(turbo) 227 FT-Lbs @3,600 RPM
Curb Weight 3,080 Lbs
Length 170.7 IN
(2+2) 178.5 IN
Wheelbase 91.3 IN
(2+2) 99.2 IN
List Price (1983) $18,699
0-60 MPH 9.2 Sec
(turbo) 7.4 Sec

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup thats it, non-intercooled, its a pretty nice car far too far to complicated though, breaks alll the time hehe

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I like 'em too, very nice to look at. I dunno about the no intercooler thing on a turbo car, but hey, gotta learn somewhere, eh? Friend of mine's got a '79 280z (or was it a 240z that year?), very sweet ride for only $900 :thumbup:. They kinda have the same problem as me. You say something about killing a 300zx and everyone automatically assumes "Oh, Fairlady Z!". And then you read something like Mike Morris' recent post about his Supra, and you get people thinking mkIV TT right away. Guess that's not too bad though, lets me just say "Supra" when people ask me what kinda car I got.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
u beat 300zx twin turbo???? with no major mods???
well here is a guy who drives one here at my work, and he beat the crap out of me! but his is '95
i looked it up has 300hp and he had done some engine work...
:wtc:
i will race him again though;)

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
that's his car:

Engine Twin-turbocharged DOHC, 3.0 liter, 24 valve, V6
Horsepower 300bhp @ 6400rpm
Torque 283lb.-ft. @ 3600
Fuel System Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection
Transmission 5-speed manual with overdrive
Steering 4 wheel (rear is hydraulically controlled)
Curb Weight 3287 lbs
Wheelbase 101.2 in

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
well here is a guy who drives one here at my work, and he beat the crap out of me! but his is '95

i will race him again though
:eek: I'm speechless :eek:

·
Registered
159 Posts
JaxCD said:
:wtc:
i will race him again though;)
You are Dumb

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wasnt talking about you racing cars out of your league. I was talking about your READING COMPREHENSION. It was already pointed out that is was not a Twin Turbo it was an '88 single turbo.

You are DUMB

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
he turned up the boost and now he wants to race again, i think im gonna have to spray this time, but id eat him if i sprayed, he only raised the boost by 3 psi, thats only like 18 hp since its non-intercooled

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Boost300zx said:
I wasnt talking about you racing cars out of your league. I was talking about your READING COMPREHENSION. It was already pointed out that is was not a Twin Turbo it was an '88 single turbo.

You are DUMB
oh my reading skill does suck;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts