NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a friend of mine, his car is basically a Auto Xer's wet dream, bone stock with built up suspension and a short shifter with some minor weight reduction(engine plastics, washer fluid bottle, intake silencer), manual windows, doors, no sunroof.

i am going to be racing him off the bottle, my N/A mods are AEM CAI, TRD exhaust, and AEM alt pulley, i dont have any additional weight on or in my car besides the kit and i dont think that added more than 20 pounds all around, can i take him?

·
Registered
493 Posts
you should, i dont see why not? unless you are a bad driver...but dont underestimate it.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
should be a good race, I think you should take him though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ls teg

Dont think the ls isnt quick. If he can drive, and he probably can because he autocrosses, he will most likely stick with you. Good luck though should be a great race.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I raced my friend with I/E while i had I/E also and when i didn't know how to launch as well as i do now he won by like a bumber i think, so close. But ya, if u bottled, u should take him e z. Its all driver race stock for stock pretty much. they have like 142hp and 127tq....while we have 140hp and 125tq, but they have about 200 more lbs.

I keep wanting to race my friend again so i can beat him ;)

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
you will take him. undoubtedly .. i had a go at it with a gsr on i 95, he never caught me..THO... i never lost him. we mustve been going the same speed.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he cant drive hehe, he doesnt auto x, he just built his suspension up first, we already had a half race once and he missed a gear so i spanked him real good, he bet 50 bux he could beat me, this should be good, maybe i can get it on tape.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah i raced and spanked one i also got its timeslip wit mines! He had exhaust and a aem sticker, he ran 16.646 86.148 but he did get a 2.6 60ft!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I beat Josh S's GT with a LS that has CAI and catback.

As far as a n/a GT beating a GSR-the GSR must not know how to drive

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well ive run well better than a 16.6 so i should be okay, i hope

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
should, but the best ive pulled is a 16.0 but it was poor weather.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Do u dump the clutch or slip it? The best way to get a good start is to rev between 3500 and 4000 rpm and slip it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I like to rev at 4000, then drop the clutch,but keep the throttle there till you feel it catch then floor it!

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
i/e on a gt could be good for low 15s, and how you launch should depend on what kind of tires you have, what condition the track is in, and weather and other factors.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i drop the clutch at 3k, slipping is very bad for your clutch

·
Registered
151 Posts
dump the clutch and feather the throttle till the tires grab, dont just stab it to the floor. good luck

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats my prob then, i just use the dump and stab method :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts