NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at a redlight in traffic yesterday afternoon and i hear a horn beside me so i look over and theres my buddy from school in his 96? blazer.... it's got a v6 in it thats all i know. he had 1 passenger with him. light goes green and he swerves in and out of traffic and i see him get into the left turn lane that leads to derby parkway, one of the best places in our area to race. i follow him and we get stopped in the double turn lane at another light. light goes green and we proceed to turn left, now opening into a 3 lane straightaway.

we start going uphill over a large bridge and hit it at about the same time (stupid of me to start a race on a hill :p) his front wheels stay at my door for a second then he starts coming back really slowly...... he evens out, we stay like that till about 60.. then i start pulling again a bit... he comes back.. even... first turn - going about 90 now, hes still beside me.. we straighten out and im a bit ahead.. then we shut off (100? not sure..)

slowing down now.. we come around another corner which leads to a big straightaway.. we hit it this time with my front tires at his door, and i slowly start to creep back up on him... get about even and im still pulling JUST a bit... i get past him and stay just in front of him (not by much) then i see him swerve over behind me in my lane and look up and theres 3 cyclists about a 1/4 mile down the road (major road just happened to have no traffic at all during the race) we slow down before we get to the trio and he turns off on a side road.

those blazers are faster than i expected... i know my car isnt anything special but i didnt think id have much trouble with one of em.. good races though

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
those blazers are good for low 17's which is about where the auto GT's are at i believe

the newer 2dr V6's are good for mid 16's

gotta love torque :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts